+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which headshell?

I'm Clive.

Default Which headshell?

I’ve just pulled the trigger on a Jelco TK-850S tonearm to replace my Origin Live Encounter MkIII. I decided I was fed-up changing cartridge’s on a fixed headshell arm. I have always found set-up to be quite a faff on the Encounter and feel the Jelco is so much easier and should sound close with its new knife-edge bearing.
    I would like to ask you guys what 2nd headshell i should purchase for my Hana SL?
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Stephen.

I can recommend the Jelco HS-30. I have a Jelco TK850s and find it works very well with an AT33PTG/II and Decca Supergold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always a little further

I'm steve.

I use, and have been a big fan of the ADC LMG-1 Magnesium headshell for many years, it’s no longer in production but can be picked up fairly easily used, I bought mine in mint condition on ebay for just under £30, worth seeking out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive197 View Post
    I’ve just pulled the trigger on a Jelco TK-850S tonearm to replace my Origin Live Encounter MkIII. I decided I was fed-up changing cartridge’s on a fixed headshell arm. I have always found set-up to be quite a faff on the Encounter and feel the Jelco is so much easier and should sound close with its new knife-edge bearing.
    I would like to ask you guys what 2nd headshell i should purchase for my Hana SL?
    I have the Jelco TK-850M 10" and I am going to buy a better head shell to use with my Micro Benz LP-S, I chatted with Hugo at Ammonite Audio and he said that the https://ammonite-audio.co.uk/product...ony-headshell/ or https://ammonite-audio.co.uk/product...-30-headshell/, I think he offers a discount to AoS members.Might be worth having a chat with him.

I will be going for the Timestep ebony once I get some pennies together.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm M.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    I have the Jelco TK-850M 10" and I am going to buy a better head shell to use with my Micro Benz LP-S, I chatted with Hugo at Ammonite Audio and he said that the https://ammonite-audio.co.uk/product...ony-headshell/ or https://ammonite-audio.co.uk/product...-30-headshell/, I think he offers a discount to AoS members.Might be worth having a chat with him.

I will be going for the Timestep ebony once I get some pennies together.
    I use the Timestep ebony on my Jelco which I got from Ammonite best headshell I have owned

I'm Adam.

Acoustical Systems Arché VTA Headshell

lovely

"lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm mark.

Keep it simple, Audio Technica Technihard ones, come in various weights to suit cart compliance. I'm sure there's better, but if your going to have a few carts they give one constant.

I'm Martin.

Why not just buy another HS-25 so both cartridges use the same headshell?

I'm Nathan.

I use Yamamoto sound craft African ebony head shell

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yamamoto-So.../dp/B002SDS5P4

I'm openingabottleofwine.

This is all you need: https://www.thakker.eu/en/zubehoer/h...dshell/a-7602/

Has both azimuth and overhang adjustment, with the minimum of mechanical interfaces.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast