+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: WTD: Rega Planar 2/3 in coloured finish.

  1. #1
    Join Date: Apr 2015

    Location: West Ealing, West London

    Posts: 522
    I'm Mauro.

    Default WTD: Rega Planar 2/3 in coloured finish.

    Hello there,

    I'm looking for a Rega Planar 2/3 (P2/P3/RP3...) in coloured finish (or white).

    Best would be the new glossy Rega Planar P2.

    Many thanks.
    Mauro
    why is nothing ever simple?

  2. #2
    Join Date: May 2013

    Location: Rotherham

    Posts: 434
    I'm steve.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gerlando View Post
    Hello there,

    I'm looking for a Rega Planar 2/3 (P2/P3/RP3...) in coloured finish (or white).

    Best would be the new glossy Rega Planar P2.

    Many thanks.
    Mauro
    I’d try and run to the Planar 3 if you can, the P2s fixed bias comprises getting the best from your chosen cartridge, it’s worth the extra money for the better arm and the thicker glass platter, I’m sure if you do you’ll stick with it, I have




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date: Jan 2012

    Location: Glasgow, UK

    Posts: 1,941
    I'm Tony.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gerlando View Post
    Hello there,

    I'm looking for a Rega Planar 2/3 (P2/P3/RP3...) in coloured finish (or white).

    Best would be the new glossy Rega Planar P2.

    Many thanks.
    Mauro
    Hi Mauro, I bought a new Edwards Audio apprentice lite TT which is their version of the Planar 2 but they do an apprentice TT which, I think, is a rega Planar 3 and an apprentice TTSE which is about £700 anyway the Lite TT is excellent value for money and sounds great to me stock, you can buy the lite version for about £220 on eBay depending of which day of the week you buy, they're currently £299.

    The come with a AT95 cart but you can buy their version of a Nag MP 110 for about £109 on Amazon.

    I wouldn't be too concerned about the bias thing as the TT sounds excellent with the stock cart and all you do is stick the counterweight on the end of the arm and that's the same if you upgrade the cart to their version of the Nag too.

    https://talkelectronics.com/turntabl...ntice-tt-lite/

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183998611...m=183998611524


    https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/39229634425...RoC0mAQAvD_BwE

  4. #4
    Join Date: Apr 2015

    Location: West Ealing, West London

    Posts: 522
    I'm Mauro.

    Default

    Hi Tony, thank you very much for your suggestions.
    However, the EA Apprentice lite TT has actually a 101 arm, which is the one mounted on the Rega Planar 1, not the 2, which has a 202 arm instead.
    The EA Apprentice lite is available in red ex-demo from Deco Audio at £199.
    https://www.decoaudio.com/da_offers_...ite2_xdem.html
    why is nothing ever simple?

  5. #5
    Join Date: Apr 2015

    Location: West Ealing, West London

    Posts: 522
    I'm Mauro.

    Default

    bump
    why is nothing ever simple?

  6. #6
    Join Date: May 2013

    Location: Rotherham

    Posts: 434
    I'm steve.

    Default WTD: Rega Planar 2/3 in coloured finish.

    I know it’s not a Rega but you might consider the Audio Technica ATLP5 which if you shop round can be had for as little as £250 complete with the very good sounding AT95EX cartridge. It’s a very accomplished and great sounding deck, I can wholeheartedly recommend it, I use one in my second tier setup and have to says it’s performance is not much adrift from the Planar 3 I use in my main setup, being direct drive there’s no messing with the belt to change speed, it also has a decent built in phono stage (which can be switched out if you want to use an external one) and a USB out if you fancy digitising some LPs, the arm is of good quality with nice low friction bearings and an accurate bias scale and the removable headshell makes cartridge swaps a doddle, definitely worth considering.

    https://www.whathifi.com/audio-technica/lp5/review



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date: Apr 2015

    Location: West Ealing, West London

    Posts: 522
    I'm Mauro.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steve-z View Post
    I know it’s not a Rega but you might consider the Audio Technica ATLP5 which if you shop round can be had for as little as £250 complete with the very good sounding AT95EX cartridge. It’s a very accomplished and great sounding deck, I can wholeheartedly recommend it, I use one in my second tier setup and have to says it’s performance is not much adrift from the Planar 3 I use in my main setup, being direct drive there’s no messing with the belt to change speed, it also has a decent built in phono stage (which can be switched out if you want to use an external one) and a USB out if you fancy digitising some LPs, the arm is of good quality with nice low friction bearings and an accurate bias scale and the removable headshell makes cartridge swaps a doddle, definitely worth considering.

    https://www.whathifi.com/audio-technica/lp5/review



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sorry Steve, but I already have 6 decks, 9 cartridges and 3 phono stages at my home.

    So, I don't need another deck for playing LP's.

    I want a coloured plinth Rega just for collecting.

    Unfortunately I missed this one:
    https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/thre...tt-psu.230606/

    Many thanks for your suggestion.
    Mauro
    why is nothing ever simple?

  8. #8
    Join Date: May 2013

    Location: Rotherham

    Posts: 434
    I'm steve.

    Default WTD: Rega Planar 2/3 in coloured finish.

    Mauro, I think it might have been an idea to have put that in your original post if you had no intention of actually using it for playing records


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by steve-z; 20-10-2019 at 13:35.

  9. #9
    Join Date: Apr 2015

    Location: West Ealing, West London

    Posts: 522
    I'm Mauro.

    Default

    New/old Planar 3 is also welcome.
    Last edited by gerlando; 23-10-2019 at 17:05.
    why is nothing ever simple?

  10. #10
    Join Date: May 2012

    Location: Dagenham Essex

    Posts: 9,653
    I'm I'mteachingmarcotheartofpishanto.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gerlando View Post
    Sorry Steve, but I already have 6 decks, 9 cartridges and 3 phono stages at my home.

    So, I don't need another deck for playing LP's.

    I want a coloured plinth Rega just for collecting.

    Unfortunately I missed this one:
    https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/thre...tt-psu.230606/

    Many thanks for your suggestion.
    Mauro
    Top man , Keep the faith
    Music , fills the gaps between silence !

    TAT Sale post Leader " Marcos Mentor "

    Also a pishanto specialist confirmed by Head Daftee

    Real name " Allen " or "Zoomer Nut”, “Numpty Napper”.

    ±± KEEP IT REEL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •