+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I wish I was a Met police officer

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    sometimes think it should. we as a species deserve it at times.. how long has civilisation been going, and we are still a bunch of tribes at each others throats, instead of singing Id Like to Teach the World to Sing
    One day, when the sea has risen to apocalyptic levels, all there will be left for us to do is stand on a hill with a bottle of pop and sing this. Too little too late though
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    One day, when the sea has risen to apocalyptic levels, all there will be left for us to do is stand on a hill with a bottle of pop and sing this. Too little too late though
    Yup, some people never learn. The very wealthy are often the worst this way as they're attitude is they will be all right. They have all the money and power, armies etc.
    Alas its a side human nature that hasn't been tamed.

The world will continue but will be a very different place. I always said Soylent Green's vision of the world would come to pass
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

I'd like to amend my previous post - there'll be no singing "I'd like to teach..." on the hilltops. All these prime locations will have been bought and built on by the very wealthy, and heavily fortified to keep us oiks out.

We'll have the last laugh though, when there's no one left to deliver their groceries and mow their lawns
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I'd like to amend my previous post - there'll be no singing "I'd like to teach..." on the hilltops. All these prime locations will have been bought and built on by the very wealthy, and heavily fortified to keep us oiks out.

We'll have the last laugh though, when there's no one left to deliver their groceries and mow their lawns
    Don't worry mate there s always a place for a few oiks..... I ll rev the mower up now !

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Indeed, but most of the scientific evidence - and there's a lot of it - is very heavily in favour of "climate change" - which appears to be leading towards higher temperatures overall, higher sea temperatures, rising sea levels and seriously high speed winds.

I don't want to tell you what to believe, but there are significant reasons for accepting the trends. It's up to you whether you decide to accept the notion, based on the evidence. I'd prefer it though if people didn't deny the evidence.

A very long while ago there was no ice anywhere, and the world was presumably hotter than it is now, but there were no people around then AFAIK.

Re the protests, climbing onto tube trains in rush hour is just plain stupid.
    There also used to be a lot of scientific evidence to the contrary however this has mostly mysteriously vanished and scientists who deviate from the accepted wisdom are given no airtime by the media
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Yeah, Macca's in London demonstrating with them. Think he scaled Big Ben yesterday.
    Yes and I ended up hanging off the minute hand.

Although I might be getting confused with a film I saw once.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    The fundamental problem is too many humans.

End of.

But virtually no one wants to talk about it.

People think they have the right to have children. We need to find a way to stop that on a global scale.
    Sadly I agree with you.

However, Hans Rosling - Facfulness - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Factfulness.../dp/1473637465 presents a slightly more optimistic view, though it still ends up with several billion more people than we have now.

I believe that others, such as David Attenborough, believe that for any sort of sustainability, the human population should be around 10 times smaller than it is now. I haven't checked for sure if that's correct. That's a lot of people to lose.

Country wise, China and the USA are making things worse faster than nearly all the rest.

Re contrariwise scientific evidence - yes - there is some - but not much. Most of the evidence is strong enough to support the notion that global warming is actually happening, and additionally most of the evidence is now strong enough to support the notion that much of this is caused by human activity - mostly, but not exclusively, fossil fuel burning.

We are living in the anthropocene age.
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234