+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I wish I was a Met police officer

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Some environment nonsense I think.
    Yeah, Macca's in London demonstrating with them. Think he scaled Big Ben yesterday.

I'm Grant.

Some environment nonsense I think. Probably not had jobs since they left school, so nothing better to do I expect.
    ah, professional agitators.... go from crusade to crusade...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    ah, professional agitators.... go from crusade to crusade...
    D'you reckon they're old Commie Corbyn's mates?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dave.

Some environment nonsense I think. Probably not had jobs since they left school, so nothing better to do I expect.
    Except that it's not nonsense. "Business as usual" in the so-called developed world is not going to make things better.
    Dave

I'm Grant.

its the way they go about it that makes the whole thing appear like cranks. people in general are fed up bearing the brunt of all this, while the major polluters just do what they please.
    think usa, china, russia, afric, brazil etc
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Here's a list of the top 5 - https://www.activesustainability.com...ing-countries/

USA and China are top - but per capita China is lower. The US is ... well .... problematic ...

Here's a comprehensive list for CO2 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...xide_emissions from 2017

https://www.topteny.com/top-10-most-...-in-the-world/

African and South American countries don't seem to feature much.

Here's a list based on greenhouse gas emissions (which are presumably weighted for different gases) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._gas_emissions
    US and China are still top.
    Last edited by dave2010; 20-10-2019 at 15:29.
    Dave

I'm Geoff.

Doesn't alter the fact that the demonstrations are a pain in the arse. Protests never achieve anything.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Here's a list of the top 5 - https://www.activesustainability.com...ing-countries/

USA and China are top - but per capita China is lower. The US is ... well .... should we say a disgrace?

Here's a comprehensive list for CO2 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...xide_emissions from 2017

no, but they are not clean either plus they are chopping down rainforrest like no tomorrow
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

I'm still very confused by the climate change theory

How did the Romans have vineyards in North Yorkshire if climate change is caused my greenhouse gases?
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post

USA and China are top - but per capita China is lower. The US is ... well .... problematic ...

You are completely missing the point that the UK's performance in reducing emissions over the last 10 years has been one of the best in the developed world.

These idiots ignore the actual science in favour of emotive rubbish. Only the equally idiotic fall for it, either that or their fellow travellers are cynical virtue signallers hopping on the bandwagon. Either way they should be given short shrift. They should go to Hong Kong where people have genuine problems to demonstrate about.

As for that Greta whatsername her parents should be ashamed of themselves. As the father of a lad with Asbergers I know that part of my job is to stop him rushing headlong down emotional rabbit holes, not encouraging them for the TV cameras. Things can only end badly for the poor girl.

I'm not avocating doing nothing I'm advocating common sense. The world is not coming to an end and the clowns who are out there weeping in the middle of the road need psychiatric attention, not media time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast