+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vintage turntables: Sony TTS3000 and Garrard Zero 100

I'm Peter.

Default Vintage turntables: Sony TTS3000 and Garrard Zero 100

I am about to embark on a turntable journey that will be interesting and daunting. I already have a Thorens Td 147 Jubilee with a Thorens TP16 (Schopper TP63 arm wand). Despite this I am really tempted to buy both a Sony TTS3000 and a Garrard Zero 100. I intend to use an SME 3009R on the Sony TTS3000. I wonder which of the 3 I will want to hold on to after I have given the Sony and the Garrard some TLC?
    DIY DCB1 buffer / EAR 516 power / Quad ESL 57 (One Thing bass panels)
    Vinyl: Empire 698 / Shure M91ED / Rod Elliott mm stage onboard DCB1
    Digital: Synology NAS / JRiver on Win 10 PC / Nuforce S192U USB to spdif/ Line Magnetic 502CA DAC

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosewind View Post
    I am about to embark on a turntable journey that will be interesting and daunting. I already have a Thorens Td 147 Jubilee with a Thorens TP16 (Schopper TP63 arm wand). Despite this I am really tempted to buy both a Sony TTS3000 and a Garrard Zero 100. I intend to use an SME 3009R on the Sony TTS3000. I wonder which of the 3 I will want to hold on to after I have given the Sony and the Garrard some TLC?
    If it were me I wouldn't even consider the Zero 100. Good though it is, IMO it won't be as good (or as versatile) as the Sony + SME combination.
    Barry

I'm Dave.

Agreed. I wouldn't bother with the Zero 100, clunky and rough when new, can't be any better after all these years.

I'm Buriedunderaloadofturntables.

The Garrard Zero 100 is a fine deck - better than most people give it credit for. Find a good one with decent arm bearings (which can be the tricky bit!) and they can perform very well.

That said, the Sony should still wipe the floor with it...
    Adam.

I'm Peter.

There is a series of 7 videos about cleaning and setting up a Garrard Zero 100 on Youtube. Hence my interest in that turntable.
    Digital: Synology NAS / JRiver on Win 10 PC / Nuforce S192U USB to spdif/ Line Magnetic 502CA DAC

I'm Peter.

But as always I went in another direction as I just picked up a very clean Empire 698 in full working condition. That ends my turntable journey.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosewind View Post
    But as always I went in another direction as I just picked up a very clean Empire 698 in full working condition. That ends my turntable journey.

Nice!

A considerable improvement on the Garrard Zero 100.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread