+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Balanced cable for Hifiman 400i headphones

Hibster_2000 Guest

What were you using before?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibster_2000 View Post
    What were you using before?
    Several devices including a Caiman SEG, Nuforce phono amp, and an M-DAC. The balanced output is around twice the output of a standard unbalanced output. Aside from better separation and lower noise floor, the balanced output just seems to add more weight and presence to the sound. The ZEN DAC is a budget device and I bought it primarily to listen to Tidal on headphones so I am very pleased with the result (notwithstanding the problems with the first unit).

Hibster_2000 Guest

Have you used the Zen DAC in your main system, and if so how does it compare to the SEG? I am interested in your findings as a SEG and HiFiman Sundara owner.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibster_2000 View Post
    Have you used the Zen DAC in your main system, and if so how does it compare to the SEG? I am interested in your findings as a SEG and HiFiman Sundara owner.
    The Ifi ZEN DAC is USB only and the transport in my main system is spdif so I have not tried it in my main system. However, with the balanced cable, the ZEN DAC really gets hold of the Hifiman 400i headphones in a way that the SEG does not.
    Last edited by Sherwood; 27-10-2019 at 14:18.

I'm Geoff.

The more I listen the more I impressed with the ZEN DAC and the balanced cable for the Hifiman 400i headphones. The resolution is incredible.

This is the cable I bought https://www.amazon.co.uk/Balanced-Co...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12