+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello to all fellow enthusiasts from Southampton, England !

I'm Chris.

Smile Hello to all fellow enthusiasts from Southampton, England !

Now a mere 63 years old, I have assembled a vast array (too much?) of equipment and have got rid of a loads over the years. My FIRST system in 1977 was a Yamaha CA-410 amp, Sansui SR222 mk1 with Shure M95ED and Monitor Audio MA7......still have the Shure (see below). I have less interest than I used to and have stopped buying all the Mags, trust my OWN EARS and dismiss most of the BS about cables, stands, fuses and other wallet consuming RUBBISH.

CURRENT SYSTEM (ALL 2nd hand)

Audio Research Ref 3 Pre
    Audio Research Ref 110 Power
    Audio Research Ref CD7 CDP
    Marantz SA-11S3 SACD
    Nottingham Analogue Space 294 TT, Heavy kit, SME 312S with Audio Technica OC9ML (for mint LP's only)
    Technics SL-1200 TT, SME S3 with my ORIGINAL 1977 Shure M95ED! (for all 12/7 inch singles and ex Disco LP's only)
    Icon Audio PS1 Mk2 MC/MM Phono (latest one)
    Armstrong valve Tuner FM/MW
    Leak 2075 speakers
    B&W ASW 4000 sub and REL Storm 3
    Various cables

OTHER STUFF

Too much to list the LOT but includes Yamaha CR-1000 Rec, KR Audio VA 340, Icon Audio MB 805 monos and MB845 monos, Border Patrol Pre, Audio Inn. L2 Pre and Music First copper Pre, Goldenote Koala tube CDP, Philips CD104(NOS mod) and Mission M5AS sub......Yes, I must admit I am a bit of a BASS hound as an ex DJ from the 80's/90's. At some stage I hope to sell off some of the UNwanted stuff as I have far too much gear.

OTHER INTERESTS

Football (Arsenal, Saints and England), Tennis, Formula 1 (50's to current), DVD's/BR's, Music.....everything from 50's to 90's, Disco/Club/Dance, Jazz, Blues, Classical and even some Audiophile MUZAK too.

As Tess might say.......KEEP ON LISTENING and trust YOUR own ears, not Kessler's, Keywood's, Collom's or Fremer's.....YOU have to live with YOUR HiFi and reviewers are into BS anyway?

Best Regards CHRIS (Southampton, UK)

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Chris. Welcome to AOS.

Feel free to join in any chat that may interest you. There's a lot going one and everybody is friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Deleted.

Welcome Chris .

So, am I right in thinking that the Leak 2075's are your main speakers?
    Account Deleted

I'm Chris.

Hello Mark.....................Yes, the big Leaks are my ONLY speakers nowadays and are the Mk 1's which had a SUperior tweeter (round black) with larger magnet whereas the later ones had the INferior square silver one with much smaller magnet. Mine also have a CAST lower mid-range unit, the later version pressed steel. Glad to hear Adam Smith is keeping interest alive on the 2075's as they really are terrific speakers and would cost £1,000's these days.....much better than the Celestion Ditton 66's which are well OVER hyped and fetching silly prices (look at Audio Gold, London....crazy !!!). Thanks for the welcome. Regards Chris

I'm Chris.

Hello Geoff. Thanks for the welcome and this is the first time I have joined one of these forums. I have no doubt I may be listing some of my gear on here sometime. Regards Chris

I'm Chris.

Hi Shane and thanks for the welcome. Regards Chris

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Chris,

Nice collection of gear you have amassed there!

Totally agree with you concerning magazine reviewers' BS. Here at AoS we always encourage Members to trust their own ears, and to remember opinions are just that: opinions and not facts. Also there are only a few hard and fast rules when it comes to audio enjoyment.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Chris.

Thanks so much for the welcome Barry and hope to make a few contributions and possibly sell some of my surplus gear in the future. Cheers Chris

+ Reply to Thread