+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTD - Cables - Free -

Bigman80 Guest

Default WTD - Cables - Free -

Good morning all,

Recently an established member of this fine establishment sent to me, a pair of cables for conversion to XLR to RCA.

Unfortunately they never arrived.

Being new to the "posting of cables" lark, they were not sent via recorded post, less. Learned I think.

So, I wondered whether any of you have any old cables, sat in a drawer, not being loved and used, that you would be willing to 'donate'

I have XLR plugs for the project but the only spare cable I have is coaxial which isn't going to work in this instance.

I know that sometimes a little grey card can land on the door mat with the charges for missing stamps etc, so I will give it till Friday to see whether anything arrives.

Thanks

I'm Lawrence.

To be fair, when I post things signed for they tell me it's not tracked and there's no extra security of doing so as it's the same postman delivering. They no longer call it recorded delivery as it's not trackable. You need special delivery for that which costs.

And he was only doing a favour!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    To be fair, when I post things signed for they tell me it's not tracked and there's no extra security of doing so as it's the same postman delivering. They no longer call it recorded delivery as it's not trackable. You need special delivery for that which costs.

Yup.

Looks like we've got a workaround now, so thanks for looking.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Yup.

Looks like we've got a workaround now, so thanks for looking.
    Good news, hope they turn up!

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post

Recorded Delivery was the old name for 'Signed For'. They just dumbed down the terminology in case people didn't know what 'recorded' meant. It achieves a signature confirming receipt. A further bonus is that the 'insurance' (compensation) goes up to £50, whereas ordinary post carries compensation of a stamp booklet if you're lucky.

I'm phil.

I have various cable if you still need
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Are you wanting to make up some interconnects with an XLR connector at one end and an RCA at the other? If so you don't need to use twin core screened cable, coaxial cable will do.
    Barry

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by moodybuilder View Post
    I have various cable if you still need
    We're sorted, thank you. We have managed to scrape some bits together to make some up.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Are you wanting to make up some interconnects with an XLR connector at one end and an RCA at the other? If so you don't need to use twin core screened cable, coaxial cable will do.
    Yes, I realised my error lol. We are sorted now. Hopefully have him up and running ASAP!

+ Reply to Thread