+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 77

Thread: Flu jab ?

  1. #51
    Join Date: Nov 2010

    Location: Sheffield/Peak District. UK

    Posts: 472
    I'm Richard.

    Default

    To return to this for a moment: '"The World Health Organization [WHO]/ United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund [UNICEF] vaccination campaign in Africa is not about eradicating neonatal tetanus, but is a well-coordinated, forceful, population control, mass sterilization exercise using a proven fertility regulating vaccine."

    obstetrician/gynecologist Dr. Wahome Ngare, Kenyan Catholic Doctors' Association president,
    published a letter in the Kenyan press, November 4, 2014'

    The little I know about this is that this resulted from a school-boy error. Some Catholic doctors had found levels of a hormone (hCG) in people who had had the anti-tetanus vaccine. This hormone can reduce fertility...and so the conspiracy theory started...

    The truth seems to be that this hormone is produced naturally by both men and women and that the Catholic doctors had taken blood samples from patients and sent their samples to a non-approved lab. Why not take samples from fresh un-opened samples of the vaccine still in its vials? There is a joint WHO and UNICEF report on this nonsense.
    Richard.

  2. #52
    Join Date: Sep 2009

    Location: west mids, UK

    Posts: 2,422
    I'm Phil.

    Default

    Some years back there were scares that flu jabs caused neurological diseases .hopefully these scare stories have been revealed as false.
    1]bel canto pre 3 vbs, ice power amps /rotel cd/teac ud-ho1 bel canto fm1
    sonos, . tannoy eaton legacy 2]arcam a75 marantz sa8005 jolida modwright dac and RFC impulse ta`us , track audio stands

  3. #53
    Join Date: May 2016

    Location: Notts

    Posts: 2,341
    I'm Geoff.

    Default

    I have worked in international health since the early 1980s, first as an academic and then as an advisor to developing country governments and health project manager. In this period, many of the supply side and logistical problems of getting basic health services to those in need have been addressed, save for a number of war torn and fragile states. Increasingly, development effort is shifting from the supply side to the demand side and measures designed to change knowledge, attitudes and practices, and to incentivise populations to change their health seeking behaviour. Those who invent and spread these ridiculous conspiracy theories about "harmful vaccines" or "malevolent intentions" are literally taking lives. One of the most shocking experiences was when I was working in Uganda in the mid 80's at the end of the civil war there. At the time the country was the epicentre of the HIV/AIDs epidemic and districts such as Rakai had ridiculously high prevalence rates, even by African standards. Conspiracy theories, ignorance and suspicion about the motives of health providers led to countless preventable deaths and much suffering.

  4. #54
    Join Date: Jun 2014

    Location: Chorley Lancs

    Posts: 4,901
    I'm Steve.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I have worked in international health since the early 1980s, first as an academic and then as an advisor to developing country governments and health project manager. In this period, many of the supply side and logistical problems of getting basic health services to those in need have been addressed, save for a number of war torn and fragile states. Increasingly, development effort is shifting from the supply side to the demand side and measures designed to change knowledge, attitudes and practices, and to incentivise populations to change their health seeking behaviour. Those who invent and spread these ridiculous conspiracy theories about "harmful vaccines" or "malevolent intentions" are literally taking lives. One of the most shocking experiences was when I was working in Uganda in the mid 80's at the end of the civil war there. At the time the country was the epicentre of the HIV/AIDs epidemic and districts such as Rakai had ridiculously high prevalence rates, even by African standards. Conspiracy theories, ignorance and suspicion about the motives of health providers led to countless preventable deaths and much suffering.
    Yeah, this is where "conspiracy theories" become more than just the amusing ramblings of a few paranoid nutjobs. It's a pity that nothing can be done to hold these people to account, but then that would just become another conspiracy theory, "silencing the whistle-blowers"
    Pining for the fjords? What kind of talk is that? And why did he fall flat on his back the minute I got him home?

    T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Yaqin MS-22B CD: Densen Beat B400 Plus; Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Audion Silver Night 300b stereo
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

    T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini-1, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

    A/V:
    Panasonic 42" plasma, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

  5. #55
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Out on the wild and windy moors Lancs / Yorks Border

    Posts: 443
    I'm Andy.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    We underestimate the serious of the "flu" in this country. It is a potential killer even for the relatively young in good health.
    Or we say "we have the flu" when in reality we have a bad cold
    Analogue
    301 / 3012 / dl 103
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev
    RD Technology Godolphin PSU/speed contol
    Longdog Audio MC1J Prototype
    Digital
    Vortexbox, SBT
    Caiman Seg & Dorado
    Cambridge CXC
    Amps
    Tron Seven Linestage, or Quad 44
    Quad 303, or Bel Canto Set 40 or NG 300B Set Monoblocks
    Speakers
    Tannoy GRF Memory.
    Tannoy ST100.

  6. #56
    Join Date: May 2016

    Location: Notts

    Posts: 2,341
    I'm Geoff.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy831 View Post
    Or we say "we have the flu" when in reality we have a bad cold
    If you have the flu you know it. It is easy to verify the specific infection with a simple blood test as the virus differs in type and severity.

  7. #57
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: W Lothian

    Posts: 61,818
    I'm Grant.

    Default

    Ive had several varieties, plus pleurisy and pneumonia 3 times.. My lungs are scarred to buggery
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA & JRIVER - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

    **Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

  8. #58
    Join Date: May 2016

    Location: Notts

    Posts: 2,341
    I'm Geoff.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Ive had several varieties, plus pleurisy and pneumonia 3 times.. My lungs are scarred to buggery
    Yes, influenza and pneumonia are potential killers> The common cold ....... less so!

  9. #59
    Join Date: Nov 2011

    Location: Seaton, Devon, UK

    Posts: 3,318
    I'm Adrian.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Yes, influenza and pneumonia are potential killers> The common cold ....... less so!
    Just had mine 30 minutes ago, only a small prick
    [FONT="Arial"]
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes


    Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S & Michel Cusis MC cartridge, Furutech AG-12-R4 High Performance Phono Cable, LFD MMC special phono stage, Rothwell MCX SUT, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi to Beresford Caiman SEG DAC, Sony 3d blu-Ray for CDs to Caiman SEG, ALLNIC T1500 MKII SET 300B amp, Tannoy Legacy Arden speakers and JBL L100 Century's , Chord Epic speaker leads, & signature links, the Eccose Conductor CA1 cd to pre, I think I am at audio nirvana, but donít tell anyone

  10. #60
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: W Lothian

    Posts: 61,818
    I'm Grant.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Just had mine 30 minutes ago, only a small prick
    s'ok, they call everyone that
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA & JRIVER - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

    **Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •