+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Phonocut

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Default The Phonocut

Soon be possible to cut your own grooves at home-

https://phonocut.com/
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Adam.

I’m in!!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yeah sounds like fun doesn’t it?

Could be good with live recordings on a reel to reel.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I'll await user feedback on the SQ and operational costs before I get too excited about it.
    Barry

I'm Edward.

I signed up to their mail list even though I don't play vinyl these days as the idea intriguing. Can't see any specs so far but I guess that will be mentioned later on.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Chris.

Not going to waste my time finding out more about this nonsense.
    Turntable : Project 2 Xperience Tone Arm & Cartridge : Project 9c Ortofon 2M Blue Phono Stage : Project Phono Box SE II Digital Source :Primare CD21 Integrated Amp : Primare I30 Speakers : ProAc 110 Headphones : Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro

Revox A77 MK IV 2 track 15 & 7 1/2 IPS
    TEAC A-3300SX 4 track 7 1/2 & 3 3/4 IPS
    Akai 4000DS MkII

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cas View Post
    Not going to waste my time finding out more about this nonsense.
    Whilst this isn't for me, as some capable people have expressed interest, I'm not sure calling it nonsense is quite right.
    Last edited by walpurgis; 14-10-2019 at 21:55.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm malcolm.

Looks interesting but not sure who might buy it.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Paul.

Hmmmmmm.... The Impossible Project are involved and when they 'saved' Polaroid the initial product was so unstable and I mean images that after a few months faded away to near nothing...

In the meantime the eager public were coerced (with good hyped up marketing) to keep buying a developing/expensive product whilst they ironed out the problems...

I walked away after the 'First Flush' as they called it and continued taking my chances buying expired film.
    EMT 930ST
    Garrard 301/3009 MK1
    Micro Seiki MR-711/MA-202L
    Stax SRA-3S MM phono amplifier
    Nagra BPSv2 phonostage
    BigBottle BB3 Phonostage
    Telefunken Bv.42-01 Transformer
    Hashimoto HM-3 Transformer
    Braun CC4 Transformer
    Ortofon Spu Synergy
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Miyajima Waza
    Denon 103SA
    Audio Technica AT33 Mono
    IFI Pro Linestage
    PYE HF12 KT66 Monoblocks
    Uchida Sun Audio SV-300BE
    Crimson Elektrik CS1500
    Quantum Electronics 202D
    Marantz 1060 Integrated
    Western Electric Line Transformer
    Yamaha CDR-HD1500
    Tannoy 15" Bespoke

I'm paul.

What a load of old rubbish. Proper engineers who know what to do to get a quality recording and the process involved and someone on another of these Kickstarter scams comes up with cutting straight to vinyl. Will never happen and why would anyone want to record another source to vinyl that will no doubt be very compromised.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast