+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New (to me) stepped attenuator

I'm Lawrence.

Default New (to me) stepped attenuator

Got this yesterday, not sure of the exact specs but I think from looking at the net it's a constant input impedance ladder type stepped attenuator with Dale resistors. I was just wondering how good it should be. It sounds very nice indeed regardless!

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Very nice looking bit of kit, it's obviously well put together. Is it silver wired? Looks it.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

It's a Glasshouse kit, see here-

https://www.hificollective.co.uk/kit...-pre-amp1.html

All looks good quality stuff, should be very good as is. Can be turned into a TVC if you so desire.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Very nice looking bit of kit, it's obviously well put together. Is it silver wired? Looks it.
    I'm not sure but I agree it looks like it. If silver is supposed to sound good then it might well be as it sounds nice!

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    It's a Glasshouse kit, see here-

https://www.hificollective.co.uk/kit...-pre-amp1.html

All looks good quality stuff, should be very good as is. Can be turned into a TVC if you so desire.
    I saw that thanks but I couldn't see this particular attenuator on there.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Dont know what it is, but the resistors are good quality, you'd probably have to spend quite a bit to get something clearly better.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

Bigman80 Guest

Nice bit of kit you have there.

Dale's usually have a very nice full body sound (yes I believe resistors have a 'sound') and it looks really well built.

Well done!

I'm Alan.

Quality. Very nice

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Very nicely made, using good quality parts too!
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm openingabottleofwine.

It looks like a 'ladder' style L-pad design, which can offer a constant impedance to the source (input). It's well made and Dale resistors are well regarded.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast