Not in a good mood today! First had a complete waste of time with British Gas trying to rearrange a service appointment. The lead time is over 8 weeks I think - but I've already been through that once. This firm really needs a kick up the bum. I shall write to the MD.

Next, trying to find replacement shelf supports for some IKEA furniture - BILLY I think. We have loads of the old design with the metal pins - those are really easy, and no problem. Then IKEA in its "infinite wisdom" decided to change the shelf design, so instead of flat shelves with a small indent which the metal pin goes under, there's a circular hole and a plastic peg fits in that.

Can I find a replacement for that? Maybe - but all web searches so far failed. Totally useless. It's anoying as we have a couple of these units, and with some shelves of the newer variety, and I'd like to put the shelves back in. I suspect that the matching pin thingies got lost in a recent move.

Maybe I'll just have to wait until I spot some shelves of the older variety just before they get thrown into the dump!

This country is really going to the dogs!

I am turning into Victor Meldrew!