+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marantz ST6000 accuracy

I'm Chris.

Default Marantz ST6000 accuracy

There have now been two occasions where our classic music station Concert FM 99.10, has played certain pieces of music that has the greatest accuracy
    I have ever heard. Tonight's was a short 3 minute or so piece of piano music, which I have written to them, to hopefully identify.

This is via a Marantz ST6000 Tuner using a Diamond Discone antenna managing 63db of signal reception- outclassing a dipole by some 15db ,
    stereo coiffee, Quad 306 x2 and presently AR7 loudspeakers. i will let you know what the piano piece was, but it had me absolutely loving what I was hearing.

montesquieu Guest

Looking at the RNZ Concert site (Concert FM as was, which is what it was called when I used to live in Welllington) it's likely to have been one of the following:

BRAHMS: Piano Pieces Op 118 - Arcadi Volodos (pno) (Sony 8887 5130192)

GRIEG: Norwegian Folksongs Op 66, excerpts - Richard Farrell (pno) (Atoll ACD 208)

I always found NZ radio to be far better than its TV equivalent (though when I lived there in the early 90s viewing was restricted to TV1, TV2 and TV3 .. I didn't bother buying a set and have happily lived without one since). An ex of mine is a producer on National Radio (equivalent of R4, I'm sure these days with precisely equivalent ubiquitous and tedious political correctness that has pretty much resulted in my not listening to it any more.).

The internet arrived when I was there and when I got my first internet account in 1994 - which arrived by fax as a bunch of setting to be applied to my Mac and modem - the whole of NZ was served by a 1 megabit connection from Oz into Waikato University. Not that you could access much from the beta version of Netscape that was the only browser available.

I imagine the place is a bit more liveable these days but back then it really felt like the arsehole of the universe (despite the scenery and the fact you can always get freshly caught crayfish at a reasonable price).

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Looking at the RNZ Concert site (Concert FM as was, which is what it was called when I used to live in Welllington) it's likely to have been one of the following:

BRAHMS: Piano Pieces Op 118 - Arcadi Volodos (pno) (Sony 8887 5130192)

GRIEG: Norwegian Folksongs Op 66, excerpts - Richard Farrell (pno) (Atoll ACD 208)

I always found NZ radio to be far better than its TV equivalent (though when I lived there in the early 90s viewing was restricted to TV1, TV2 and TV3 .. I didn't bother buying a set and have happily lived without one since). An ex of mine is a producer on National Radio (equivalent of R4, I'm sure these days with precisely equivalent ubiquitous and tedious political correctness that has pretty much resulted in my not listening to it any more.).

The internet arrived when I was there and when I got my first internet account in 1994 - which arrived by fax as a bunch of setting to be applied to my Mac and modem - the whole of NZ was served by a 1 megabit connection from Oz into Waikato University. Not that you could access much from the beta version of Netscape that was the only browser available.

I imagine the place is a bit more liveable these days but back then it really felt like the arsehole of the universe (despite the scenery and the fact you can always get freshly caught crayfish at a reasonable price).
    Hi Tom
    Thanks for looking those up, it sounded more like a piece of incidental music to use up the time, just before midnight. Wellington is a great place to live these days, yes there has been real progress
    generally progressing immensely when the Nationals are not in power, inferring there is a dreadful relapse every time they get in.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Light Dependant Resistor View Post
    Hi Tom
    Thanks for looking those up, it sounded more like a piece of incidental music to use up the time, just before midnight. Wellington is a great place to live these days, yes there has been real progress
    generally progressing immensely when the Nationals are not in power, inferring there is a dreadful relapse every time they get in.
    Yes it was Jim Bolger in charge when I was there though Winston Peters was also a fixture and I see he's still around!

For me Wellington was the best place in NZ, great mix of scale and culture though the weather could get a bit wild! I lived out to the south (Island Bay, then Breaker Bay), 20mins into the city centre and the nicest commute I've ever had in my life. In those days though it felt a long way from home.

+ Reply to Thread