+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Line Level booster

I'm Anto.

Default Line Level booster

Hi Peeps ,
    Been having some farm based fun with an old Sony CD autchanger (carousel type ) in the Milking parlour setup!

I had just about mastered the old unit with cd's (its always been a bit tempremental ) until yesterday when it held onto the one cd and wouldnt load (the mech that lifts the laser and drive unit into the cd is getting goosed I think )

Anyroad , my tinkering finished the thing off ,and after trying to get an idea of how to mend it ,I decided to just use the MD input on it via the 2 RCA inputs and put either my old Highway portable DAB into it , (a bit falky getting reception as no wi fi connectivity on it )or load up an old Samsung with music files and try that way forward !!

We are blessed with great wi fi out where the CD player is and so ,being as the good lady forbids the taking of her beloved Alexa out there (Its one of these single use music contracts so 2 Alexas is twice the price on music subscription !!!) I needed an alternative !
    Absolute Radio !!!! 70,s 80,s ,or Classic Rock , corrrr , whatever you desire and ten minutes after thinking it , I had my STK smartphone on Absolute 70's for the cows and hellif their tails werent swingin !!!

BUT , the input from the phone is very much on the limit for the cd which is at max volume (that worries me long term ) even with max volume on the phone too!

I need a 12 volt line level booster I think ??

Any suggestions of some cheap little thing that might just simply boost the level for me ? Please ??
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Anto.

So after another hour or 2 of cow based entertainment ,my phone decided it wasnt getting enough Wi Fi , so I checked the outdoor booster box (an old router pressed into service as an extender of signal outside the main box indoors ) and after improving odd things with the signal ,it not only improved it so that it was stable and didnt keep dropping out - but seems to have given the actual output more oommph!!
    Less volume needed from the player ,and better resolution ,so win win
    It will save anyone from wasting their time replying
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

+ Reply to Thread