+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PS Audio PerfectWave Cd/Dvd Transport ?

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
    I don't know if this will help any.
    The Vendor of my Perfect Wave CDT had a Primare CD35 > Bryston BDA-3 DAC.
    I am sure the reason given for the sale of the PW CDT was that the SQ between the two machines were very close, but the DVD replay was not required, so the PW CDT was put up for sale.
    After the long duscussion I had with the Vendor post sale, I believe he is totally capable of giving a accurate assessment of the two devices, and is a Audiophile to the core, having invested substantial finances in building a system.
    I'm unfamiliar with the Primare, so not sure the significance of this comment? The Primare seems to be a CDP not a dedicated transport?

I'm John.

The info is the completion of my first post to you, I said I would update the info, when I could recall the Devices that the Vendor was using with the Perfect Wave, that he claimed had a very similar SQ.
    Until I do the Jay's Audio vs Perfect Wave comparison, I am not with any further experiences that may be of use to your enquiry.
    Audiogon post extensively about the Perfect Wave CDT vs ? vs ?
    This might give a little further insight.

montesquieu Guest

Thanks - yes understood makes sense.

I've read around about it, though I'm too long in the tooth to set much store by other people's reviews especially in systems that usually bear little relation to my own.

As I mentioned I've been very happy with the Audio Note transport for many years, I'm just curious, having had the DAC completely rebuilt and upgraded in recent times, whether there's any improvement to be had, and the only way to verify that is really to try and hear possible alternatives in my own setup. I don't want to have to spend £1500 just to satisfy curiosity (though it's something I've done in the past, for sure).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123