+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Technics 1200 set up questions.

I'm Nat.

Default Technics 1200 set up questions.

I have just bought moodybuilder of this forums 1200. It has an Audio Origami RB300, Ian Mac Bearing, Isonoe feet, Phil also removed the PSU into a nice quality off board box and I'm using an AT150 EA Moving Magnet cartridge.

I'm just looking for any tips as to set up. I'm mostly used to LP12's where set up was a real issue but am new to the Technics but am hoping set up isn't as much as a PITA !

I'm Steve.

Good morning Nat,

I'm sure the technical bods will be along shortly with some good news for you - I'm sure setting up your 1200 will be pretty much down to just having it dead level (obviously) and what you have it sat on. My 1200-based deck sits on a pretty solid heavy a/v cabinet, and it seems happy there. Then setting up arm/cartridge, as with any deck. But that's the extent of what I "know"
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Clive.

Hi
    Basically, once deck is level and you’ve set up the arm/cartridge, your all done. That’s the point of the deck, no faff.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Nat.

That's what I was hoping.

montesquieu Guest

You'll find it a lot harder to get it bouncing freely.

I'm Nat.

Thank God all that's over.

+ Reply to Thread