+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Low Hours Hana SL and Thorens TD125MKII (no arm)

I'm Glen.

Default FS: Low Hours Hana SL and Thorens TD125MKII (no arm)

As per the title, I have a very low hours Hana SL MC Cart and a Thorens TD125MII for sale. I've had the Cartridge from brand new only a couple of months. I'll say it's done 20 hours, but I think it's much less! It comes complete as a new one with all the packaging and boxed etc. I'm looking for £400.00 inc. shipping
    The turntable I bought from a guy off the Wam a few months ago, but it belonged to a guy from here before that. The turntable has a custom plinth of Macassar Ebony made by Layers of Beauty in Barnsley. The acrylic cover was custom made as well for the previous owner. I paid £400.00 for it and would like to get my money back. The Arm IS NOT INCLUDED.It has a spare belt and the original manual. Along with the Rega Arm board there is an SME one too. I also have some spare XO? oil I bought from eBay. The bearing seems to be in good order, with the spin test lasting almost 2 minutes! The Strobe works well and in good order. If you know these turntables you know they are built like the proverbial tank!

I'm gutted to be selling these two, but an unexpected event means I have to raise some cash quickly.. I'll post more pics if required and feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks all

I'm Mike.

The Hana SL is a. cracking cart and that is a great price for a lovely TT
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

montesquieu Guest

Is this Petrat's old deck? Lovely thing. And you'd want a more sympatico arm than a Rega on it anyway. (No offence).

I'm Glen.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Is this Petrat's old deck? Lovely thing. And you'd want a more sympatico arm than a Rega on it anyway. (No offence).
    Non taken. It was only ever meant as a stop gap, but that has changed now obviously..
    Yes I believe it was his deck previously.

I'm Glen.

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewithnodrive View Post
    The Hana SL is a. cracking cart and that is a great price for a lovely TT
    Thanks for the endorsement

I'm James.

I was just behind you in the line for the 125 from Petrat, I prevaricated. I'd have it in a shot had I not gone down the Japanese DD uber-deck route instead.

Repeat to self: must not buy more kit, must not buy more kit...

Still, I'm tempted by the Hana

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Mike.

I must admit to being tempted by the TT but it would be an absolute mission to get it here.
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Glen.

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewithnodrive View Post
    I must admit to being tempted by the TT but it would be an absolute mission to get it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazid View Post
    I was just behind you in the line for the 125 from Petrat, I prevaricated. I'd have it in a shot had I not gone down the Japanese DD uber-deck route instead.

Repeat to self: must not buy more kit, must not buy more kit...

Still, I'm tempted by the Hana

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
    The only advice I can offer to you both is... GIVE IN!! I’m sure you’ll not be disappointed. They are both excellent items.. you know you want to!

I'm Peter.

Lovely deck, but I can't take the credit for that plinth ... 'twaz a certain gentleman in Liverpool, who commissioned it from Russ Collinson (Layers of Beauty), and then sold it to me.
    The excellent lid and badge were contributed by the fella who then bought it from me.
    Best arm I had on it was an Audio Note Arm 3 ... really sang with that. A Michell Technoarm also worked nicely, especially with mm carts. Whatever arm is used, it needs a flexible cable, so as not to intefere with the suspension.
    I tried all sorts of mats, but kept coming back to the original, which is better than most, and really looks the part too.
    Thorens turntables are built to last, and this one is in A1 condition.
    Anyway, someone will get a bargain imo.
    Very nice cartridge, too.

I'm Glen.

Quote Originally Posted by petrat View Post
    Lovely deck, but I can't take the credit for that plinth ... 'twaz a certain gentleman in Liverpool, who commissioned it from Russ Collinson (Layers of Beauty), and then sold it to me.
    The lovely lid and badge were contributed by the fella who then bought it from me.
    Best arm I had on it was an Audio Note Arm 3 ... really sang with that. A Michell Technoarm also worked nicely, especially with mm carts. Whatever arm is used, it needs a flexible cable, so as not to intefere with the suspension.
    I tried all sorts of mats, but kept coming back to the original, which is better than most, and really looks the part too.
    Thorens turntables are built to last, and this one is in A1 condition.
    Anyway, someone will get a bargain imo.
    Very nice cartridge, too.
    Thanks for the input Peter, its much appreciated. I’m gutted as this was supposed to be the last TT for me... I hate money!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast