+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Screen Burn

I'm brian.

Default Screen Burn

So, hoping to buy a bigger screen tv in the not too distant future, around 50, maybe 55 if its an Oled. But having read about screen burn with Oleds, thats put some doubt in my
    mind with this format ?. Anyone own one or have any thoughts on these tv s.?. Thanks for looking.

I'm Grant.

it will typically depend on your viewing habits. it can usually be avoided easily enough
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA & JRIVER - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

If you play video games that have set icons or sections on the screen for hours and hours at a time it can happen, A friend did it to his six grand Pioneer by playing World Of Warcraft. Big circle in the top left hand corner of the screen. But he got rid of it, think he used some sort of DVD.
    Current Lash Up:

*Sony SCD XB790QS* Nelson Pass DCB1 / Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    So, hoping to buy a bigger screen tv in the not too distant future, around 50, maybe 55 if its an Oled. But having read about screen burn with Oleds, thats put some doubt in my
    mind with this format ?. Anyone own one or have any thoughts on these tv s.?. Thanks for looking.
    Reminds me of when Plasmas were in their infancy, and cost £4000 for a 43” one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Naim Mu-So
    That’s all.
    Nothing else.

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    If you play video games that have set icons or sections on the screen for hours and hours at a time it can happen, A friend did it to his six grand Pioneer by playing World Of Warcraft. Big circle in the top left hand corner of the screen. But he got rid of it, think he used some sort of DVD.
    He must have been gutted. My main watching would be sports, news prog s, dramas and other bits n bobs.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    He must have been gutted. My main watching would be sports, news prog s, dramas and other bits n bobs.
    Yes he was, seeing as it cost him six grand. But he did sort it out.

I can't see you'd have any issue if you were not using it as a computer monitor. The only thing that stays on the screen long enough on normal telly are the station idents. So make sure you change channel every 4 hours or so to be on the safe side and you should be fine.
    Current Lash Up:

*Sony SCD XB790QS* Nelson Pass DCB1 / Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm brian.

Great info Martin, many thanks. See what comes up for Black Friday or Christmas etc

+ Reply to Thread