Not sure whether this should have gone in the Abstract Chat section, but it is Hifi related, so here goes.

Firstly to set the scene, small items have gone missing out of my kitchen cupboards, a jar of Pataks mixed pickle, and a can of soup, but, and here’s the Hifi link, I have a set up in the kitchen, an Onkyo amp, fed by a Logitech Bluetooth adapter, fed into the Aux input, all I do when I want music in the kitchen is switch the power on, make sure the Logitech unit is linked via my iPad, and then just select what music I want on.

Except today, I could not hear anything, music was being sent from the iPad, I could see the timer going, but not a sound!

I went through all the usual things, made sure other Bluetooth stuff wasn’t connected etc, but still no music.

Rebooted the iPad numerous times, gues what? Still nothing!

I even swapped out the iPad and used my iPhone to see if that helped...nothing!

No matter what I tried, I could not get anything to come out of the speakers!

Now, the amp has a remote control that isn’t used, ever since I did the initial set up..volume level, which was fine by the way, and the input, which as I said earlier, was set to the Aux input, so the remote was just lying there next to the amp atop the kitchen units, way out of reach of anyone.
For some reason I decided to wind the input selector to a different input, and instantly music ebbed forth from the speakers!

Now, my question is this, and bear in mind the remote was out of sight , hidden by the top part of the cabinet woodwork, so how did the input manage to change itself from the Aux setting, to the CD input?
With the guarantee that no human being had touched either the remote, or the amp itself?