+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF???

I'm Craig.

Default WTF???

Not sure whether this should have gone in the Abstract Chat section, but it is Hifi related, so here goes.

Firstly to set the scene, small items have gone missing out of my kitchen cupboards, a jar of Pataks mixed pickle, and a can of soup, but, and hereís the Hifi link, I have a set up in the kitchen, an Onkyo amp, fed by a Logitech Bluetooth adapter, fed into the Aux input, all I do when I want music in the kitchen is switch the power on, make sure the Logitech unit is linked via my iPad, and then just select what music I want on.

Except today, I could not hear anything, music was being sent from the iPad, I could see the timer going, but not a sound!

I went through all the usual things, made sure other Bluetooth stuff wasnít connected etc, but still no music.

Rebooted the iPad numerous times, gues what? Still nothing!

I even swapped out the iPad and used my iPhone to see if that helped...nothing!

No matter what I tried, I could not get anything to come out of the speakers!

Now, the amp has a remote control that isnít used, ever since I did the initial set up..volume level, which was fine by the way, and the input, which as I said earlier, was set to the Aux input, so the remote was just lying there next to the amp atop the kitchen units, way out of reach of anyone.
    For some reason I decided to wind the input selector to a different input, and instantly music ebbed forth from the speakers!

Now, my question is this, and bear in mind the remote was out of sight , hidden by the top part of the cabinet woodwork, so how did the input manage to change itself from the Aux setting, to the CD input?
    With the guarantee that no human being had touched either the remote, or the amp itself?
    Naim Mu-So
    Thatís all.
    Nothing else.

I'm availableforweddingsAndBarmitzvas.

With the guarantee that no human being had touched either the remote, or the amp itself?

And you know this...how?
    I enjoy Hifi n stuff...

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post

And you know this...how?
    Only 2 of us live here, the wife would have to know the amp has a remote, she doesn’t, she isn’t even aware that there is an amp hidden above the kitchen units, and she’d have to stand on one of the stools around the island to reach it! ��
    Naim Mu-So
    Thatís all.
    Nothing else.

I'm Craig.

I’m still seeking an explanation about the foodstuff that has disappeared too...
    Naim Mu-So
    Thatís all.
    Nothing else.

I'm Steve.

Sleepwalking. Or a little mouse with clogs on. Where? There on the stair.
    Pining for the fjords? What kind of talk is that? And why did he fall flat on his back the minute I got him home?

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Yaqin MS-22B CD: Densen Beat B400 Plus; Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Audion Silver Night 300b stereo
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini-1, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    Panasonic 42" plasma, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

I'm openingabottleofwine.

A poltergeist.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Power dropout caused amp to reset to cd output?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA & JRIVER - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Power dropout caused amp to reset to cd output?
    That sounds likely - CD may be default position
    Pining for the fjords? What kind of talk is that? And why did he fall flat on his back the minute I got him home?

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Yaqin MS-22B CD: Densen Beat B400 Plus; Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Audion Silver Night 300b stereo
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini-1, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    Panasonic 42" plasma, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    A poltergeist.

Calling Derek Acorah

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

Home Hi-Fi Chat UK (Facebook Group)

I'm Mike.

You've not noticed a box of OMO under the kitchen sink have you?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast