+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WTF???

I'm gone.

Craig, honestly ... it's obvious.

The wife knows all about the amp on top of the cupboards. Wives know everything.
    She's taken out a life insurance policy on you with a special insanity clause. If you end up in the loony bin she cops a £bundle.

It's all a sneaky plan to drive you (even) mad(der).

I'm Adrian.

You are probably sited right over the top os a lay line and gateway to a parallel universe, how do you think I got here?
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by legb4rsk View Post
    I assume it's on the same circuit as other kitchen devices.Some of these are very noisy when switching on & off.Kettle,toaster,microwave,washing machine etc.

I sometimes hear a click on my system in the lounge when stuff is switching in the kitchen.My best guess would be a mains noise spike.
    I'm inclined to go with this explanation, especially if the amp is within close proximity of the fridge/freezer etc., and hence offering two paths for interference: mains borne switching spikes conveyed through the wiring and radiated due to the thermostat contacts arcing.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234