+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: various including Sony ES CDP, headshells, cables and burn-in gizmo

montesquieu Guest

Default FS: various including Sony ES CDP, headshells, cables and burn-in gizmo

Selling a few bits and pieces, some at reduced prices just to clear things out a bit. Some of these have been offered before, all of these have been reduced from previously. No offers at these prices and payment by only PP FF or BT.

Fidelity Research FR-S3 headshell, 20g. Beautifully built Fidelity heavyweight headshell, standard issue on FR64S, surplus to requirements. This now has no wires as I have now repurposed them to another headshell that I’m currently using, so price reduced accordingly. £120 posted.

Ikeda IS-1R headshell, 17g including Ikeda copper headshell wires. Full azimuth and overhang adjustability complete with box, Allen keys and screws. £120 posted.

Two Fidelity Research FR-S2 headshells, both 11g, each £35 including shipping.

Japan-made Ortofon AS-3800 interconnects, 1.5m. These can be had from Japan for about £55 shipped (and about a month to six week wait as the 'free' postage from there is very slow), but the additional bill will be over £20 for VAT and brokerage, as it was for me when I bought them a year or so back. I have two sets, selling for £39 each + £3 recorded delivery whether you buy one or two.

Sony CDP-X3000ES - pretty nice though there is a scratch on the top which you can just about see in the pic. This has a switchable digital out that I used for quite a while in the main system when my Audio Note CDT2/II transport was away for service with excellent results. Included is the very full-featured Sony remote, though most useful functions can be carried out using the switches on the unit. Looking for £265 collected from Bracknell area (or meet up), I’d rather not courier in the first instance. A proper Sony ES player with all the pedegree performance that entails.

Phono stage burn-in gizmo.
    This is an 80s device that used to allow (bizarrely) a CD player to be played through a phono stage. This of course means it contains a reverse RIAA network - something that usually costs a lot of cash. By hooking up my CDP to the MM phono input, I used this to burn in my Allnic H7000V which famously comes on song at over 100 hours - I played the cdp into it for 10 hours a day for a week and a half. Waiting that amount of time for regular burn-in would have taken an age and caused a load of unwelcome stylus wear. Happy to pass this on to the next AoS’er at what I paid which is £25 plus £4 postage.

Last edited by montesquieu; 08-10-2019 at 15:40.

I'm Alan.

I'll take the burn in gizmo Tom please.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I'll take the burn in gizmo Tom please.
    Oh crap, I missed that lol

I'm Adam.

As a point of interest, the QED item was never actually intended for ‘burning in’, even though this is a cunning use for it!

Its purpose was to add an input with the correct sensitivity for those new-fangled CD player things back in the 1980s. The reasoning behind choosing phono input compatibility was that it was felt CD players would replace people’s turntables, therefore the must likely input to be spare in your amplifier would indeed be the phono one.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    As a point of interest, the QED item was never actually intended for ‘burning in’, even though this is a cunning use for it!

Its purpose was to add an input with the correct sensitivity for those new-fangled CD player things back in the 1980s. The reasoning behind choosing phono input compatibility was that it was felt CD players would replace people’s turntables, therefore the must likely input to be spare in your amplifier would indeed be the phono one.
    Yes it's funny how the world works, 'perfect sound forever' didn't quite happen did it!

Burn in gizmo sold to Alan, @alan I sent you a PM. everything else still available.

I'm Dan.

Tom, I’d be interested in the Sony cup if postage becomes an option

Cheers
    Dan

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by loosend View Post
    Tom, I’d be interested in the Sony cup if postage becomes an option

Cheers
    Dan
    I have a long-standing offer to ship the CDP from the guy who bought the partnering amplifier, I'm hesitant though as I've had my share of issues with shipping CDPs.

I'm Grant.

The cd switch was a great buy.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dan.

I understand Tom but there are couriers that can be trusted! U may be able to put a smile on the guys face, even pack it well and allow him to book his own at his risk.

montesquieu Guest

Just to clarify - not that I think it needs clarifying as it seems quite clear to me - the Ortofon interconnects (as in, interconnects plural, per the description and the photograph) come in pairs.

Price given is for a pair of stereo interconnects which is what you get in a box, and there are two boxes, ie two pairs, one pair pair of left and right interconnects (plural), and a second pair of left and right interconnects (plural), each pair in their own box.

For emphasis, the price is not per cable but per pair of cables, in their box.
    Last edited by montesquieu; 11-10-2019 at 11:34.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast