+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NAS Hyperspace

I'm David.

The decks get shipped all the time in two large boxes with a few layers of foam. You should be able to source the boxes etc direct from Notts Analogue. The TT will need dismantling and i would ship the delicate arms cart etc separately again

I'm Stuart.

Thanks for the concerns regarding posting but like all NA decks they can be broke down and reassembled very easily
    3 separate double boxes should do the trick if it comes to it

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Slammed56 View Post
    Thanks for the concerns regarding posting but like all NA decks they can be broke down and reassembled very easily
    3 separate double boxes should do the trick if it comes to it
    Perfect

I'm Mike.

When I got my TT back from Notts analogue, they packed it in a very thick large cardboard box with the tonearm in the same box but obviously wrapped separately, I don't think NA decks are fragile at all, not being suspended. I think they charged me £25 for the box, which was made of cardboard so thick it was very rigid.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

[QUOTE=Slammed56;1128224]
    I’ve got the Dais up and running next to the Hyperspace and imho it’s better but nowhere near as big a jump in performance as I got when I went from my old Spacedeck to the Hyper

Any little improvement at that level is worth it regardless. Enormous jumps in performance rarely occur (e.g. Naim upgrading ladder). I love my Dais, but dread having to haul the platter off for a check-up now and again. A 25 kg bag of sand or cement is easier !

What arm-boards came with the Dais, or are you retaining any on the Hyper?

I'm Stuart.

[QUOTE=Mike Reed;1129073]
    Quote Originally Posted by Slammed56 View Post
    Any little improvement at that level is worth it regardless. Enormous jumps in performance rarely occur (e.g. Naim upgrading ladder). I love my Dais, but dread having to haul the platter off for a check-up now and again. A 25 kg bag of sand or cement is easier !
    Too true Mike, at least the Dais gets the screw in finger lifters to assist, the Hyper has nothing and it’s still a fair weight to lift carefully off
    Its great having the 2 NA decks side by side in my own room , who wouldn’t 😀

Armboards on the Dais are for 12’ PU7 , which I think maybe also Rega fit , and a 9” NA one at the back
    On my Hyper it’s the 12” Jelco and 9” NA I’ve also got one of the little collets that reduce the size to rega fit , these are cheap to buy from Nottingham Analogue so loads of options for the new owner to consider

I'm Stuart.

Saturday Night Bump

I'm Stuart.

I’ll consider splitting this, but the turntable will need to sell first

Hyperspace £1750
    Wave mechanic PSU £350
    Jelco SA-750LB , ammonite collar, cable £400
    Ortofon Jubilee £400

I'm Stuart.

Friday night bump
    Thought my prices were pretty fair on this lot
    Can anyone let me know if I’m way off the mark please