+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Pass/First Watt Aleph 3 clone

I'm Matt.

Default FS: Pass/First Watt Aleph 3 clone

Bought brand new by me a few months ago (July from memory) UK made withy excellent build quality as can be seen from the pictures. This is a clone of the Nelson Pass Aleph 3, so single ended full 30W Class A, hence the size and weight of the case, which surprisingly for the output doesn't get that hot, barely above warm to the touch.

It has single ended and balanced inputs with soft start feature, sounds great and is deathly quiet, I'm only selling it as I don't realistically have the room for a proper pre/power amp set up of this size so I've gone back to an integrated.

Size is 40cm(W) x 40cm(D) x 23cm (H) and I'd guess it weighs over 20kg or thereabouts. Condition is as you'd expect for something a couple of months old, non smoking/pet/child free here so it doesn't stink of fags, isn't full of cat hair and hasn't had jam forced through the vents.

Happy to put you in touch with the builder for any questions, he seems to make these in batches to order and sell them via Ebay. It's one of Joe Henry's.

Due to the size and weight it's going to be collection/delivery/meet up only I'm afraid, I'm just off J27 M1 and happy to deliver locally or meet up further afield if it helps.

Price is £750 and I'm happy to include a quality set of 2m Van Damm XLRs at that.

Speaker protection
    toroidal transformer
    160,000uf of capacitor
    power Soft start circuit.
    LED on/off switch.
    precise matching mosfet's.
    supply rail fusing.
    XLR. RCA. input's.
    Audio grade binding post's.

SPECIFICATIONS
    Gain 20 dB
    Freq. Response - 0.5 dB at 2 Hz, 100 KHz
    Power Output 30 watts/ch 8 ohms
    60 watts/ch 4 ohms
    60 watts/ch 2 ohms
    Maximum Output 23 volts, 8 amps
    Distortion (1KHz) 0.2% @ 30 watts, 8 ohms
    1% @ 60 watts, 4 ohms
    1% @ 60 watts, 2 ohms
    Input Impedance 23 Kohm
    Damping factor 100
    Crosstalk > -80 dB 20-20 KHz

I'm Phil.

Admired joe`s amps many times on ebay and the proac FB group leader is always on about joe`s amps and how good they are
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Neil.

That is the tidiest clone I have ever seen. Build looks as good as the originals.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    That is the tidiest clone I have ever seen. Build looks as good as the originals.
    Yes that's what drew me to it in the first place, the workmanship looks second to none and is reflected in it's operation, it's deathly quiet with no pops or hiss just a great bit of kit.

I shudder to think what it would cost if made by one of the big manufacturers sold via a dealer.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_J View Post
    Yes that's what drew me to it in the first place, the workmanship looks second to none and is reflected in it's operation, it's deathly quiet with no pops or hiss just a great bit of kit.

I shudder to think what it would cost if made by one of the big manufacturers sold via a dealer.
    That is a quality built piece of kit..I'd imagine you would be parting with £2000 + + if that had a name on it and it was on a dealers shelf..
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Matt.

Forgot to mention, I will be in the Swansea area from Sunday 13th until the 15th (Sun, Mon, Tues) if this helps anyone out with logistics.

Cheers

I'm Matt.

Deposit now taken, so SSTP.

edit: definitely sold.
    Last edited by Matt_J; 08-10-2019 at 11:06.

I'm Neil.

Default FS: Pass/First Watt Aleph 3 clone

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_J View Post

£3.5k and up.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread