https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-49933003

A Russian man has launched a lawsuit against Apple, claiming an iPhone app turned him gay.
He says this comes after an incident involving GayCoin crypto-currency.

Saying he suffered moral harm, he is asking for one million rubles (£12,000), according to a copy of the complaint seen by the news agency, AFP.

Homosexuality was decriminalised in Russia in 1993, but anti-gay prejudice is still widespread.

In 2013, Russia passed legislation banning the spreading of what it described as gay propaganda.

This officially bans the "promotion of non-traditional lifestyles to minors" but in effect outlaws LGBT activism. A number of campaigners have been attacked and killed in the past year.

So what's happened?

In a suit filed on 20 September, it is claimed a crypto-currency called "GayCoin" was delivered via a smartphone app, rather than the Bitcoin he had ordered.

Crypto-currency is basically virtual money - like an online version of cash - and Bitcoin and GayCoin are some of those currencies

According to the complaint, the GayCoin crypto-currency arrived with a note saying: "Don't judge until you try".

"I thought, in truth, how can I judge something without trying? I decided to try same-sex relationships," the complainant wrote.
"Now I have a boyfriend and I do not know how to explain this to my parents."