+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: God* help us, more PC madness

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Or gender-fluid the fuck up

Everyone needs a 'special label' these days....

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Gary.

Yup

I recently had some training at work where I learned that if somebody is a total antisocial asshole as a result of his/her parents being antisocial assholes they have personality disorder which is a mental health condition so we must treat somebody behaving like a c**t as ill not bad.

Give everything a label with its own built in excuse
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

Indeed.... Don't start me on 'ADHD' - it seems to be an epidemic among kids now'!

Pre-2000s, such behaviour was generally associated with the effects of an underprivileged or difficult upbringing, and those unfortunately affected simply got on with things and learned how to deal with it, without needing to be labelled with a special condition - and my guess would be that most would've gone on to lead a normal life, without the need for all the nannying that happens now.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    For those who may be frothing at the mouth with overblown incandescent rage after reading the Sun's usual made up bullshit, it may be worth reading the other article linked to be Gaz in which the SU points out what is actually the case:

"The policy was proposed in order to encourage the use of British Sign Language (BSL) clapping during our democratic events to make those events more accessible and inclusive for all. We are not banning audible clapping – we understand that some people may be more comfortable to continue using it."
    (emphasis added)

Now if this attempt by the Students Union to make their events more accessible to all their members still hits your 'indignant outrage' button then I would suggest the 'snowflake' epithet lies squarely with you - not them or their supporters.
    This stuff is going on though. There are people jazzhanding in the video that Edward linked above.

See also this one for finger clicking to symbolise agreement because clapping is too triggering.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackles View Post
    This stuff is going on though. There are people jazzhanding in the video that Edward linked above.

See also this one for finger clicking to symbolise agreement because clapping is too triggering.

Sorry forgot the link

https://youtu.be/Pq8wvvyDuxg

Sorry, John, you've lost me... What is "jazzhanding" [never heard of it], and what have the contents of that video got to do with the point you were making in your previous post?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Sorry, John, you've lost me... What is "jazzhanding" [never heard of it], and what have the contents of that video got to do with the point you were making in your previous post?

Marco.
    See my earlier post. Doing jazz hands and finger clicking are done as an alternative to clapping by some US students because clapping might trigger snowflakes with anxieties. So in that Chelsea Clinton video people are clicking their fingers in agreement with the girl harassing her. In Edwards video upthread look at some of the hand movements in the crowd.

I'm Gary.

Indeed.... Don't start me on 'ADHD' - it seems to be an epidemic among kids now'!

Pre-2000s, such behaviour was generally associated with the effects of an underprivileged or difficult upbringing, and those unfortunately affected simply got on with things and learned how to deal with it, without needing to be labelled with a special condition - and my guess would be that most would've gone on to lead a normal life, without the need for all the nannying that happens now.

Marco.
    Funnily one of my colleagues has recently been diagnosed with ADHD, he's 46 years old and holds a middle management position in a professional organisation.
    For the previous 45 years of his life, prior to his diagnosis, he's been a fidgety fucker who can't sit still
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

The latter diagnosis has a certain descriptive elegance.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Neil.

Or gender-fluid the fuck up

Everyone needs a 'special label' these days....

Marco.
    Gender fluidity among some is a real thing and expression of identifying as both male, female, and can manifest male to female, or female to male. There are also those who don't feel either so are non binary - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-binary_gender

Those that are non binary or gender queer/fluid are part of the LGBTQ+ community and while these topics are complex and for some difficult to understand, they should be respected as being valid expressions of how people want to be, identify.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast