+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 106

Thread: God* help us, more PC madness

  1. #11
    Join Date: Nov 2008

    Location: North Down /Northern Ireland/ UK

    Posts: 19,104
    I'm Neil.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Where do you draw the line on this inclusivity bullshit?

    Suppose I'd like to be an Olympic marathon gold medal holder, should I be prevented from doing so just because I'm unfit and lazy?
    Maybe I'd like to be a cardiac surgeon, am I being discriminated against because I don't have a medical degree?
    Inclusivity is not bull shit.
    Regards Neil

  2. #12
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 91,579
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/740411...he-new-normal/

    I know it was published in The Sun and isn't 100% accurate according to the comments below from the Students Union but there is a basis of truth in it
    I know what I'd use 'hands' for.... Giving them a much needed, damned good slap!! Oh hang on, 'smacking' has already been banned....

    Marco [has no time for OTT political correctness or oversensitive "snowflakes", who simply need to be told to MAN THE FUCK UP!]
    To be scientific is to take into account all of reality, not to be selectively inattentive to the inconvenient -- Pharos 2019.

  3. #13
    Join Date: Aug 2009

    Location: Staffordshire, England

    Posts: 26,465
    I'm Martin.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    The real danger is that a culture has been created whereby anybody speaking out against this idealism automatically becomes some kind of fascist
    Yes they are not keen on freedom of speech and differing opinions. And because they think they are morally in the right that entitles them to do anything to supress you. Because you are morally wrong and therefore evil, anything is justified. Lie about you, smear you, and then of course the next step is violence.

    I've just been reading 'The SS: A Warning From History' https://www.thefreelibrary.com/REVIE...y.-a0116589499 which explores how otherwise perfectly ordinary people can become monsters responsible for the deaths of millions.

    And the answer is because they think they are doing good because they believe the people they are suppressing or murdering are enemies of mankind. The parallels are quite striking. Especially the hate. Hard to kill someone if you don't hate them. And if you contradict the politically correct that is what you get from them. Sheer hatred.
    Current Lash Up:

    *Sony SCD XB790QS* Nelson Pass DCB1 / Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *


    'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

  4. #14
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 91,579
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Yup, the type of poisonous mind-control, as outlined in the Sun article below, simply CANNOT be allowed to become the norm:

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sun
    It is swallowing up more and more areas of public life, turning them into student-style zones in which certain ideas must never be expressed in case snowflakes feel offended.
    ...as aside from what others and I have already said, in reference to easily-offended "snowflakes", the above would set a VERY dangerous precedent, as far as us living in a free country goes!

    Marco.
    To be scientific is to take into account all of reality, not to be selectively inattentive to the inconvenient -- Pharos 2019.

  5. #15
    Join Date: Oct 2018

    Location: Forest of Dean

    Posts: 614
    I'm Gary.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    Inclusivity is not bull shit.
    Maybe I worded that badly

    Not ALL inclusivity is bullshit, however when it replaces common sense and trumps ability then it becomes bullshit
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

  6. #16
    Join Date: Oct 2012

    Location: The Black Country

    Posts: 5,168
    I'm Alan.

    Default

    Someone needs to slap these snowflakes and tell them 'that's what you mother should have done when you were little'.
    The real world is a tough place, get used to it!

  7. #17
    Join Date: Dec 2014

    Location: UK, East Midlands

    Posts: 1,559
    I'm Mike.

    Default

    For those who may be frothing at the mouth with overblown incandescent rage after reading the Sun's usual made up bullshit, it may be worth reading the other article linked to be Gaz in which the SU points out what is actually the case:

    "The policy was proposed in order to encourage the use of British Sign Language (BSL) clapping during our democratic events to make those events more accessible and inclusive for all. We are not banning audible clapping – we understand that some people may be more comfortable to continue using it."
    (emphasis added)


    Now if this attempt by the Students Union to make their events more accessible to all their members still hits your 'indignant outrage' button then I would suggest the 'snowflake' epithet lies squarely with you - not them or their supporters.

  8. #18
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 91,579
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    I read both the articles linked to, and don't disagree with your above sentiments.

    However, I stand by what I wrote in my previous post *in specific reference* to what I quoted from The Sun article. And it doesn't matter whether you think it was "bullshit" or not. Regardless, I see that attitude prevailing all around us every day - and how said "snowflakes" are seeking to gag the legitimate expression of anything they dislike or that makes them feel 'uncomfortable'. FUCK THAT! The PC brigade are getting WAY out of control.

    We must protect our basic right to free speech/thinking in this country, without allowing mind control to be imposed upon us by the agenda-driven PC brigade.

    The problem is that too many kids today aren't being taught some much needed 'tough love' by their parents [instead, continually having their every whim pandered to], and as a result are growing into oversensitive, spoiled little snowflakes, 'offended' by their own shadows, and who simply can't cope with the demands of the real world.

    And *that* needs eradicating ASAP, or heaven help our society in future!!

    Marco.
    To be scientific is to take into account all of reality, not to be selectively inattentive to the inconvenient -- Pharos 2019.

  9. #19
    Join Date: Oct 2018

    Location: Forest of Dean

    Posts: 614
    I'm Gary.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    For those who may be frothing at the mouth with overblown incandescent rage after reading the Sun's usual made up bullshit, it may be worth reading the other article linked to be Gaz in which the SU points out what is actually the case:

    "The policy was proposed in order to encourage the use of British Sign Language (BSL) clapping during our democratic events to make those events more accessible and inclusive for all. We are not banning audible clapping – we understand that some people may be more comfortable to continue using it."
    (emphasis added)


    Now if this attempt by the Students Union to make their events more accessible to all their members still hits your 'indignant outrage' button then I would suggest the 'snowflake' epithet lies squarely with you - not them or their supporters.
    So they are suggesting that people who communicate using BSL either don't understand clapping, or are incapable of doing it?

    Clapping does not exclude anybody with arms, it is internationally recognised and understood therefore the nice woolly idea is indeed PC nonsense.
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

  10. #20
    Join Date: Oct 2018

    Location: Forest of Dean

    Posts: 614
    I'm Gary.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I know what I'd use 'hands' for.... Giving them a much needed, damned good slap!! Oh hang on, 'smacking' has already been banned....

    Marco [has no time for OTT political correctness or oversensitive "snowflakes", who simply need to be told to MAN THE FUCK UP!]
    I beg your pardon?

    How dare you say that?

    "man the fuck up"?

    Instead you should say "person the fuck up"
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •