+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is a Beresford Caiman SEG for me?

I'm Neil.

Default Is a Beresford Caiman SEG for me?

Hope this is the right place to post this. I’ve currently got an SMSL Sanskrit 6th Dac running of on ifi power supply into an Arcam Rhead amplifier but am seriously considering a Beresford Caiman SEG to replace both or maybe just replace the SMSL if that’s the better option.

So to people who have Beresfords do you think I would get an improvement from this?

Hibster_2000 Guest

The SEG is not a dedicated headphone amp. I do have one with a Capella chip fitted, so it is supposed to be quite good, but I have not really tried it as I have a Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear.

Will it be better? I don’t have any experience of your DAC so I could not say.

I'm Dave.

I'm in the same boat, I have the Bresford SEG Dac and use it via headphones and to be honest I'm pleased to bits with mine, but as Hibster said I have no experience of your DAC.
    Amp Rega Elex-R
    CDP Denon DCD 520
    Tuner Teac T-R650 Dab/FM
    Music Player Pioneer N30 Network Player
    DAC Rega Dac-R
    Speakers Q Acoustic Concept 40s
    Speaker Cable Current is Rega FSC Quattro , Fisual S-Flex Studio 2.5mm / Ortofon SPK 100
    Interconnects Van Damme Silver Plated OFC Pro Classic XKE CDP/Tuner & Solid Silver Cyro 99.99% Pure, Dac To Amp
    Headphones AKG K550 mk3
    SUB BK XLS 200

I'm Neil.

As a Beresford Caiman Seg came up at a decent price on Ebay, I went ahead and bought it. I can happily report is it definitely an upgrade on the SMSL Sanskrit 6th. :-)

That's also while still running off the stock power supply. I'm soon going to be buying a 15v iFi iPower Low Noise DC Power Supply. Based on experience with the 9v version of that power supply and the SMSL I'm expecting to hear even better sound.

I can also report that the Synergy with an Arcam rHead amp suits me perfectly (the Beresford definitely can't push the HE400i on it's own).

Thank you Stanley for creating such an amazing piece of kit.

You are welcome .

+ Reply to Thread