+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Women Hifi owners...

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yes, and when its a bit stubbly, just after being shaved, you get a hell of a rash from muff-diving

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Well if you're not prepared to wear the gimp mask it serves you right...
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Imagine if I was wearing *your* mask!

Marco,
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Yawn.... We're onto gimp masks now!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Chris.

Is it fair to say the thread has drifted ? ever so slightly off topic.
    If that's OK, perhaps this might steer it back eventually https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-...shire-49755334

I think the connectivity of hifi somehow is a set back for women, which might go part of the way to explain their reluctance.
    As example have you ever heard any women discussing, banana plugs or RCA ? But i am sure they appreciate good audio
    when they hear it.
    Last edited by Light Dependant Resistor; 08-10-2019 at 23:37.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Dependant Resistor View Post
    Is it fair to say the thread has drifted ? ever so slightly off topic.
    If that's OK, perhaps this might steer it back eventually https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-...shire-49755334

I think the connectivity of hifi somehow is a set back for women, which might go part of the way to explain their reluctance.
    As example have you ever heard any women discussing, banana plugs or RCA ? But i am sure they appreciate good audio
    when they hear it.
    I'm sure they do. It's the geekery/OCD bit they don't get. In the same way, you see very few women train-spotting. I don't know whether that's because (some) mens' brains are 'wired' in a certain way, so that they care about minor variations which pass most people by.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    It's the geekery/OCD bit they don't get. In the same way, you see very few women train-spotting. I don't know whether that's because (some) mens' brains are 'wired' in a certain way, so that they care about minor variations which pass most people by.
    Shoes and handbags.
    Hairstyles.
    Clothes in general. Fashion.
    TV 'soaps'.
    'Strictly'.

Wimmin can get quite obsessive about those.

So I think it's a widespread human thing - men and women just tend to obsess about different things and maybe in different ways.

There are, of course, exceptions to these generalities.
    -- and happily I am married to one of them. The thought of being married to a soap-obsessed fashion victim Strictly Come Dancing fanatic just does not bear thinking about.

I'm Geoff.

We obviously have two topic lines going here. Lets combine them to rationalise the thread. Hands up, anybody who knows of a Hi-Fi owning woman who is a military strategist or historian!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Shoes and handbags.
    Hairstyles.
    Clothes in general. Fashion.
    TV 'soaps'.
    'Strictly'.

Wimmin can get quite obsessive about those.

So I think it's a widespread human thing - men and women just tend to obsess about different things and maybe in different ways.

There are, of course, exceptions to these generalities.
    -- and happily I am married to one of them. The thought of being married to a soap-obsessed fashion victim Strictly Come Dancing fanatic just does not bear thinking about.
    Ditto! Or some vacuous, high-maintenance, social-media obsessed fashion victim.

Del does like to dress nicely though, and looks after herself, so loves well-made, good quality, often slightly 'quirky' clothes (after all she has a degree in fashion and textiles, as at one point she was going to be a clothes designer like her cousin in Germany), but she's not obsessive about it.

The only thing either of are "obsessive" about is living well and enjoying life!

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I'm sure they do. It's the geekery/OCD bit they don't get. In the same way, you see very few women train-spotting...
    And if you find one, run a mile!

I think when you have a hobby that you're regularly and actively involved in, and most importantly, passionate about, the finer details or "minor variations", as you say, will always matter, especially if you want to be good at or knowledgeable about whatever it is, and have studied it to some degree.

Therefore, I don't see women being any less prone to that behaviour than men, when it comes to their hobbies or passions. It's simply the passions and hobbies that may be different.

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast