+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Women Hifi owners...

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

"We all" = the majority of the general public today. It's not a label.

Dennis makes a good point (indeed a number of them, especially about "inner direction", which I will get to later), and has described a trait present in all of us, and that has become worse in recent times due to mass consumerism, which is quite separate from folks just 'getting by'.

Yes, some folks are just getting by, but many others I've seen frequently display the very traits Dennis has mentioned.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    I'm a fairly solitary animal, but my wife is a recluse in comparison.
    She doesn't seem to need any social interaction beyond the cats and me (note the order there! ).
    Join the club, Jerry ! However, I'm probably quite gregarious as I play lots of racquet sports. My lady wiffie puts the chickens and moggie, not to mention wildlife in general, before me, so I'm further down the chain that you !

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reed View Post
    Join the club, Jerry ! However, I'm probably quite gregarious as I play lots of racquet sports. My lady wiffie puts the chickens and moggie, not to mention wildlife in general, before me
    As long as she doesn't put the chickens before the moggie.

I'm Steve.

I bet most of us find ourselves somewhere down the pecking order. At lunchtime I was parked on Wickes car park, watching a couple of brown rats foraging for seeds, and threw them bits of my ham sandwiches. Anita's lad (who was sat next to me) didn't get any. He's big enough to make his own butties
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    As long as she doesn't put the chickens before the moggie.
    There's always been total and mutual disinterest between our cats and our chickens.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reed View Post
    There's always been total and mutual disinterest between our cats and our chickens.
    Mutual disinterest, the key to domestic harmony! Our cat views everything outside the house as predator or prey, and sometimes I even catch her looking at me a bit funny
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Dennis.

I'm my cats bitch.

I'm Bernie.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I agree there is a huge amount invested in on-line advertising however it is a fact that it's effectiveness as an advertising medium is in question - see this article here https://medium.com/digital-vault/the...n-75b3ea7027e9

I'd suggest that people use internet shopping because it is less bother, and often less expensive, than physically going to a shop to buy the item. In other words there is a genuine gain to be had. I don't agree that the rise of internet shopping is a result of internet advertising. It has become popular because it is cheaper and more convenient.

In general I have never been keen on arguments that go along the lines of 'This insidious practice does not affect me because I'm smart, but what about all the stupid people? Something must be done!'

The smart people are not as smart as they think they are and the stupid people are not as stupid as the smart people reckon.
    Bernie.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    I'm my cats bitch.
    No, you just *think* you are. It's 'playing' you in ways that you've never ever heard of, never mind considered

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast