+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Women Hifi owners...

I'm Adrian.

I hope the fairer sex on here don’t take the wrong way, but I have several ladies why they are not interested in hifi and the reasons are primarily as follows.

They view music as reflecting how they feel or what they are doing during the day, so it is part of the routine not a special thing. As a result as long as it sounds ok that’s all that matters.

Women tend to not obsess about things, it more about how something looks and feels, and if it works in the home environment.

Several women said they did not have time to waste sitting listening to music, let alone worrying whether it was being reproduced properly, that was not important to them, just like what type of car they had is not important for most women, how and with what music is produced is also unimportant to them.

I think lady hifi buffs are a rarity, but having said that I think hifi buffs in general are a minority and have probably always been so. I suspect that for most of the worlds population it’s practicality and cost that is what matters when buying equipment, and as long as its sound ok that’s fine. Which is probably why modern small integrated systems that are sub £1k are so successful.

The only ladies I know that are concerned about how it sounds are those that perform music, and then it’s about how they sound and what they are producing.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    I hope the fairer sex on here don’t take the wrong way, but I have several ladies why they are not interested in hifi and the reasons are primarily as follows.

They view music as reflecting how they feel or what they are doing during the day, so it is part of the routine not a special thing. As a result as long as it sounds ok that’s all that matters.

Women tend to not obsess about things, it more about how something looks and feels, and if it works in the home environment.

Several women said they did not have time to waste sitting listening to music, let alone worrying whether it was being reproduced properly, that was not important to them, just like what type of car they had is not important for most women, how and with what music is produced is also unimportant to them.

I think lady hifi buffs are a rarity, but having said that I think hifi buffs in general are a minority and have probably always been so. I suspect that for most of the worlds population it’s practicality and cost that is what matters when buying equipment, and as long as its sound ok that’s fine. Which is probably why modern small integrated systems that are sub £1k are so successful.

The only ladies I know that are concerned about how it sounds are those that perform music, and then it’s about how they sound and what they are producing.
    Great answer, spot on about cars and music.

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Steve.

What's that? You have several ladies? How do you find the time to play records? I have only one and she seriously curtails my listening time, what with all the soaps and the loud hoovering
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Adrian.

You’ve just to find the right music to serenade them, it always works with my harem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Steve.

You’ve just to find the right music to serenade them, it always works with my harem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tried that yesterday. Started with Marcus miller "Laid Black" (this is just shite!) So tried "Best of Lou Reed" When it got to "Caroline Says" she got up and left the room. Some women just won't be serenaded But at least I tried.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Tried that yesterday. Started with Marcus miller "Laid Black" (this is just shite!) So tried "Best of Lou Reed" When it got to "Caroline Says" she got up and left the room. Some women just won't be serenaded But at least I tried.
    Too subtle by far

Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Too subtle by far

Might get away with that if the sleeve had a picture of Barry White

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm John.

I find most women are far more interested in people than 'things' like HiFi equipment.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

Unfortunately they're not usually interested in people who like Hifi equipment.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Unfortunately they're not usually interested in people who like Hifi equipment.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast