I hope the fairer sex on here don’t take the wrong way, but I have several ladies why they are not interested in hifi and the reasons are primarily as follows.

They view music as reflecting how they feel or what they are doing during the day, so it is part of the routine not a special thing. As a result as long as it sounds ok that’s all that matters.

Women tend to not obsess about things, it more about how something looks and feels, and if it works in the home environment.

Several women said they did not have time to waste sitting listening to music, let alone worrying whether it was being reproduced properly, that was not important to them, just like what type of car they had is not important for most women, how and with what music is produced is also unimportant to them.

I think lady hifi buffs are a rarity, but having said that I think hifi buffs in general are a minority and have probably always been so. I suspect that for most of the worlds population it’s practicality and cost that is what matters when buying equipment, and as long as its sound ok that’s fine. Which is probably why modern small integrated systems that are sub £1k are so successful.

The only ladies I know that are concerned about how it sounds are those that perform music, and then it’s about how they sound and what they are producing.