+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Jolida FX Glass Mk2 DAC with ultimate Aired Audio mods

I'm Richard.

Default FS: Jolida FX Glass Mk2 DAC with ultimate Aired Audio mods

I have owned this superb DAC for several years and during that time if has evolved at the hands of the excellent Robert Airey of Aired Audio (Open Door): Jolida UK importer and the acknowledged expert at modifying the FX (among myriad other components, especially Jolida and Black Ice Audio).

Initially, Rob upgraded the output and power supply caps to Clarity, which remains the most common basic upgrade for this unit. My unit then went back to Rob a year later for his first ever VeeCap upgrade - a costly but significant improvement. Then a year of so ago it went back again for the ultimate conversion to Modwright caps and silver output wiring. This made an amazing difference, facilitating rich bass and more emotional engagement. It's fab.

I am only selling it because I have invested heavily in a very expensive CD/DAC combo (nearly £10k new) in an attempt to lower the box count and become more genteel. Even then my new uber player lacks the FX's attack and boogie (it's just a tad quieter and more liquid - buy hey, at many times the price...).

The FX responds very well to tube rolling and fuse tweaking, too, but is supplied with new stock factory Tungsol tubes (which sound very good).

I didn't want the Mk3 originally because it doesn't look as nice and I wouldn't use the small jack headphone facility it has. And this one sounds much nicer to my ears than any latest DSD version, modded or otherwise.

It owes me a packet, of course, but £395 buys it, posted.

Mods:

1. Cast silver wired on the output. Wire is PTFE wrapped and screened with drain wire.
    2. Output caps are the best that fit. Modwright M series Truth. Oil impregnated metalised polypropylene dielectric with pure coper tined leads.
    3. Power supply board cap same type.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [/IMG]

[/IMG]

[IMG]
    [/IMG

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm Graeme.

I'll have this off you please Richard. Pm to follow.
    Graeme

I'm Richard.

So sorry, Graeme. But I've just sold in on HiFi Wigwam... Where I listed it this evening also.

I'm Richard.

SOLD

I'm Graeme.

Too slow again:doh
    :
    Someone is in for a treat.

+ Reply to Thread