+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resistor type

I'm William.

Default Resistor type

Hi Guys

I’m using a SUT and I need to put resistors on the primary side. I’ve used an online calculator and it comes out at 21ohms. So two things really

1) Do I go for 20 or 22ohms - I would be trying to use a 1% tolerance to minimise the differences between channels

2) What type of resistor, carbon, metal film etc should I be using. I would like to say that money is no object but of course that’s not true so a compromise will be required.

Many thanks

I'm Greg.

Default Resistors

Reincarnation...........no not again

I'm inthescottishmafia.

“Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Hugo.

I'd recommend Takman carbon resistors - https://www.hificollective.co.uk/cat...resistors.html . More musical, less 'HiFi' than the naked Z-Foils and somewhat cheaper to boot!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yep Takman are good also.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

Bigman80 Guest

Audio Note Tantalum, if they have the value.

I'm Adam.

Default Resistor type

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Is that really £11 each?!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

And?

Nobody baulks at paying lots for foo caps.

You can probably get them a bit cheaper elsewhere, but Hifi Collective service is first class, and you can be confident you aren’t getting fakes.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm James.

But foo caps are rolled on the thighs of naked virgins in the dew drops of a golden dawn! Resistors is just resistors innit.
    Personally I also like metal foil and metal film, low noise, tight spec, predictable performance. But then I haven't knowingly heard the resistor magic of carbon comps.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Nobody baulks at paying lots for foo caps.
    I do. But I'm a cheapskate.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast