+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Resistor type

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    And?

Nobody baulks at paying lots for foo caps.

I do!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Deleted.

The Takman are great but in critical positions I too savour the Z-foils (‘naked’) resistors. If you order them direct from Texas Components you can specify exact custom values and get them in tolerances of 0.1%, 0.01% and 0.005% (depending on value).
    Account Deleted

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Ah yes good point Mark, had forgotten that.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    I do!
    LOL, fair enough!

They are indeed pricey, but I’ve heard them make real improvements when I’ve used them in the past, same with caps.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Justin.

And?

Nobody baulks at paying lots for foo caps.
    What were you thinking when you wrote that?

Generally foo caps cost crazy money. Just two in my DAC were £350. The Audio Note silver tants were acceptable in comparison.

Obviously it depends on value, But even so.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Que? I speak from personal experience, as always.

Up to the individual to decide if it’s money well spent. Yes it’s a lot for a resistor but it’s only 11 quid for heaven’s sake!

Not as if it’s the fortunes you can pay for say Duelund caps- I wouldnt myself. I did spend a couple of hundred on Path resistors and Jupiter caps for my Bastanis OB’s though, and I think it was money well spent.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Justin.

Que? I speak from personal experience, as always.

Up to the individual to decide if it’s money well spent. Yes it’s a lot for a resistor but it’s only 11 quid for heaven’s sake!

Not as if it’s the fortunes you can pay for say Duelund caps- I wouldnt myself. I did spend a couple of hundred on Path resistors and Jupiter caps for my Bastanis OB’s though, and I think it was money well spent.
    Yeah those Path resistors are nice I have them in my xovers.

Jupiter's are really good too. I have a sense the Duelands I have are more transparent, though. But since the ratings aren't the same it is hard to be sure. That said my perception is Jupiters are slightly coloured but in a really nice way as compared to Duelands.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12