+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tannoys in Tokyo

I'm Tom.

Hmm am back in Tokyo in April though this is some way from where I'll be based (about 40 mins on the metro according to Google). Might be worth a trip though if I have a free day.
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers with Tannoy ST50 supertweeters; Amp - Silvercore 833C monoblocks; preamp TBA watch this space; Vinyl: Schopper'd Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 9 inch and Ikeda IT-407 12 inch tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Takumi, Ikeda 9TT, vintage Ortofon SPU GM and SPU Gold; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0, Miyajima/Edison '78' 4.0 conical, and Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage Allnic H7000V used with Miyajima ETR-Mono and ETR-Stereo SUTs; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily enhanced AN DAC based on kit but aspiring to DAC5 spec.

Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Marantz PM-4; Digital: CDP Sony CDP-X3000ES & Arcam rBlink; Vinyl: Garrard 401 with AT 1503 MkI broadcast arm, Ortofon SPU Classic GM, Ortofon 2-15k SUT and Puresound Tenuto platter mat

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I know, made me chuckle and not want to hear a pair of tannoys lol
    Invitation always open!
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers with Tannoy ST50 supertweeters; Amp - Silvercore 833C monoblocks; preamp TBA watch this space; Vinyl: Schopper'd Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 9 inch and Ikeda IT-407 12 inch tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Takumi, Ikeda 9TT, vintage Ortofon SPU GM and SPU Gold; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0, Miyajima/Edison '78' 4.0 conical, and Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage Allnic H7000V used with Miyajima ETR-Mono and ETR-Stereo SUTs; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily enhanced AN DAC based on kit but aspiring to DAC5 spec.

Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Marantz PM-4; Digital: CDP Sony CDP-X3000ES & Arcam rBlink; Vinyl: Garrard 401 with AT 1503 MkI broadcast arm, Ortofon SPU Classic GM, Ortofon 2-15k SUT and Puresound Tenuto platter mat

I'm Edward.

It does not say what amp the guy is using. That's poor journalism methinks.

Love to visit someday.

彼がアルバムの選択を許可してくれることを願っています。
    Kare ga arubamu no sentaku o kyoka shite kureru koto o negatte imasu.
    Main: Tidal/Roon > MiniITX > Metrum Hex > LDR > either Radford STA25 V or Trilogy 968 > Tannoy (Eaton or Berkeley).
    2nd: Tidal/Roon > Roopio on Pi > Chevron Paradox > Firebottle Buffer > Sugden Masterclass IA-4 > Kudos Cardea

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post

Love to visit someday.

It's The Guardian so what do you expect!

I'm bernard.

Has anybody been to Spiritland in Kings Cross London.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by hard1175 View Post
    Has anybody been to Spiritland in Kings Cross London.
    Been meaning to for a while. Looks good.
    - Linn Sondek LP12 - Ittok III, Denon 304, Mose Power Supply - Ming Da MC 368-B - JJ KT88's, RCA 12au7's - Musical Paradise MP-D1 mkII - WE396a
    - Mark Travis Phono Stage - Gold Lion 12ax7's, Tung-Sol 6X4 - AD Audio SUT - Pioneer N-30K
    - Behringer DEQ 2496 - Quad 63's - REL T3 (sometimes)

- Audio Technica LP5 - AT440mlb - Musical Paradise MP 303 Class D - Jolida Glass FX III - Raytheon 5755 Yellow Print - Beresford Bushmaster II
    - EAR834p Clone - Ei 12ax7's, Sylvania 12au7 in V3 - Cocktail Audio/Novafidelity X12 - 15" Paper Drivers in Tannoy Cabs (lows) - Custom crossover into Tannoy HPD Monitors (highs) - REL T3

I'm Paul.

Default Spiritland

A few audio friends said not to bother with the sound at Spiritland so not on my radar anymore and I work not far away...

An instalation with big time Western Electric cinema gear (that sounds superb) should be going down soon if not already...
    EMT 930ST
    Garrard 301/3009 MK1
    Nagra BPS
    47 Labs RJM PhonoClone
    Hashimoto HM-3
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze/Kontrapunkt B/Rondo Bronze
    Audioquest AQ404/B200
    Denon 103SA (Paratrace)
    Audio Technica AT33 Mono
    PYE HF12 Valve Monoblocks
    Pass Labs Aleph 0s
    Turner B302
    IFI Pro Linestage
    Marantz 1060 Integrated Amp
    47 Labs Stratos wired Bourns Passive
    Western Electric CD Line Transformer
    Yamaha CDR-HD1500
    Tannoy 15" custom

I'm Neil.

If you watch Kenrick Sounds You Tube channel, bars and coffee bars with this sort of gear, approach isn't that rare in Japan. I do like the idea, but when idiots who have paid big money to attend a concert can't shut up throughout the gig, what chance is there of these types (very common) to not want to hear the sound of their own voice and the BS that pours forth in such a bar, coffee shop.

In saying that I do like the idea a lot.
    Regards Neil

I'm Shane.

High end systems in cafe's and bars are of no interest to me. I'd rather see 1000 JBL Control One's hanging from the ceiling!

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

Home Hi-Fi Chat UK (Facebook Group)

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post

Love to visit someday.

To be fair, none of the ancilliary equipment used (turntables, arms, cartridges and amplifiers) are mentioned, only the make of the speakers.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast