+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tannoys in Tokyo

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    A few audio friends said not to bother with the sound at Spiritland so not on my radar anymore and I work not far away...

An instalation with big time Western Electric cinema gear (that sounds superb) should be going down soon if not already...
    Can't say I'm at all encouraged by the use of 1930's cinema speakers.
    Barry

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    To be fair, none of the ancilliary equipment used (turntables, arms, cartridges and amplifiers) are mentioned, only the make of the speakers.
    I was just joshing Sir. I'm sure he is using Radford amps. It is, after all, the only sensible combination with Tannoys.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    I was just joshing Sir. I'm sure he is using Radford amps. It is, after all, the only sensible combination with Tannoys.
    Possible - but when I was in Japan and 'crusing' the audio salons there, Quad IIs were well sought after and on display. I didn't see a single Radford.
    Barry

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Possible - but when I was in Japan and 'crusing' the audio salons there, Quad IIs were well sought after and on display. I didn't see a single Radford.
    Indeed. A wide range of amplification works on Tannoys. Quads will be more numerous.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Geoff.

Quad 11's are useless with Tannoys. Been there, done that. The Quads are too lacking in upper end focus and grip lower down.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Quad 11's are useless with Tannoys. Been there, done that. The Quads are too lacking in upper end focus and grip lower down.
    One man's horribly soft and rolled off is another man's relaxed and smooth!

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123