+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fisrt time post.

I'm Keith.

Default Fisrt time post.

Greetings from Southampton.
    Mad about sound! I own a Roksan K3 amp and Kandy Mk3 cd player with Van Damme studio grade cable feeding my Bowers & Wilkins 684's. Aiming to upgrade to ATC SCM40's mk2 speakers as soon as my piggy bank is full. My first comment is that on some hifi forums audiophiles can be a tetchy, bitchy bunch. Much snobberry around! My system is entry level, working class and I am happy with what I own(although my Bowers need to go in favour of the ATC's)
    I have a broad taste in music but don't really like aggro metal nasty stuff and not really into mainstream offerings. Electronica is my main bag but again I have very Catholic tastes- open to almost anything. I love well recorded audio and appreciate what magicians do in the studio when they do it well.
    Happy listening one and all.
    Polecat.

I'm Rob.

Hi Keith and welcome. I would say that having been here for a few weeks (cough.cough) that anyone exhibiting any bitchiness or tetchiness would be taken outside and given a right royal cock-punching

No, seriously I have found that egos and biases are in the main left at the door. I have not heard any ATC's since attending the Heathrow shows in the 90s, but always loved their presentation and ballsiness.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Geoff.

Hello Keith. Welcome to AOS.

Yes, some audio forums can be cliquey, snobby places. We work to make sure AOS stays friendly and relaxed, so that everybody feels at home here.

You'll find a lot going on here, so just join in any chat that interests you.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS
    Regards Neil

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Hi Keith, and welcome to AoS. Bitchy or Tetchy 'philes of any flavour get short-shrift here, so get stuck in and enjoy the forum.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Keith,

Yes, the equipment is only a means to an end - and that end is the enjoyment of music. We are far more interested in the music you enjoy than the equipment itself.

So I hope we have put your mind at rest and that you stick around and enjoy the Forum.

Happy listening
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread