+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted: DAC box for TV feed to HiFi system

I'm chris.

Default Wanted: DAC box for TV feed to HiFi system

Hi

I am looking for a DAC box to link the TV (freeview set) to my HiFi system, one that will do the simple job of the digital out on the back of the set to an analogue Line Level to the pre-amp.

I am not at this stage looking for an expensive DAC but want to try something of good quality.

Even if you have nothing to offer, I am looking for advice for this project please.

My main source is LP, or CD, but I am using the analogue out on the TV as well into the main system, but the quality is not good, and I am hoping for a way to improve this with a better DAC than included in the TV set.

Any help and suggestions welcome, and any offers of a DAC box most welcome please.

Kind regards
    Last edited by pyeman; 29-09-2019 at 21:57.

I'm Alex.

I would look at getting an old legacy home cinema processor as you may suffer with lip sync issues with a typical stereo DAC with no time delay.

Hibster_2000 Guest

Cheap Chinese DAC from Amazon or eBay will do the job.
    Probably cost about £15 tops, and will do the job just fine.

I'm Alan.

Try one of these, nothing much to loose, £4.99 delivered!!! I have a CYP DAC that does the same job for much more money if you want to try it..... To be honest this DAC on ebay has been said to be all you will ever need if you give it a good linear supply, this was by someone who has been building hi end gear for about 40 years, no need for that on your TV, just plug the USB cable into one of the TV's USB sockets and job done, the cables supplied will cost you more than the DAC! I bought 2, no complaints. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Optical-D...item5468bfb4e8
    Modified SB Receiver, SB Touch, GustardX16 DAC, Mitchell Alecto Mk2 Upgraded, DCB1 hot rod with BTFSystems LDR and input board, Club27 Kurt Mk2 with crossover upgrade and Laquor pack, Tannoy XT6F, IPL S2TLK CD3, Pioneer PL550 (thanks Andrew) Various TDA1541 CDP's, too much shit I dont use to list.

I'm malcolm.

There's a musical fidelity V DAC II in the for sale section at a good price. One of my favourites.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm chris.

Thanks, looking at these options....

+ Reply to Thread