+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Schiit Aegir Power Amp

I'm Paul.

Default Schiit Aegir Power Amp

This might be worth considering if your in the market for a £700ish power amp

https://www.stereophile.com/content/...ower-amplifier

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm Tom.

Indeed an interesting review.
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers with Tannoy ST50 supertweeters; Amp - Silvercore 833C monoblocks; preamp TBA watch this space; Vinyl: Schopper'd Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 9 inch and Ikeda IT-407 12 inch tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Takumi, Ikeda 9TT, vintage Ortofon SPU GM and SPU Gold; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0, Miyajima/Edison '78' 4.0 conical, and Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage Allnic H7000V used with Miyajima ETR-Mono and ETR-Stereo SUTs; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily enhanced AN DAC based on kit but aspiring to DAC5 spec.

Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Marantz PM-4; Digital: CDP Sony CDP-X3000ES & Arcam rBlink; Vinyl: Garrard 401 with AT 1503 MkI broadcast arm, Ortofon SPU Classic GM, Ortofon 2-15k SUT and Puresound Tenuto platter mat

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Aye, would like to hear one.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Phil.

Schiit really do buck the trend with their cost effective stuff, still got a freya here and both that and the saga would would go well i am sure
    1]bel canto pre 3 vbs, ice power amps /rotel cd/teac ud-ho1 bel canto fm1
    sonos, . tannoy eaton legacy 2]arcam a75 marantz sa8005 jolida modwright dac and RFC impulse ta`us , track audio stands

I'm Phil.

i like this bit of the review

Harbeth's P3ESR loudspeakers, driven by the Nelson Pass-designed class-A, zero-feedback First Watt SIT-3 amplifier ($4000), have a special talent for making voices feel like they come from genuine humans (with moist vocal cords). This combo is my current reference for authentic fidelity. But folks, at exactly one-fifth the SIT-3's price, the Schiit Aegir gave me a majority-portion, perhaps as much as 80%, of the SIT-3's detail-rich humanity. What is the argument against that?
    Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/...kkRygd5RlMA.99
    1]bel canto pre 3 vbs, ice power amps /rotel cd/teac ud-ho1 bel canto fm1
    sonos, . tannoy eaton legacy 2]arcam a75 marantz sa8005 jolida modwright dac and RFC impulse ta`us , track audio stands

I'm Rob.

I really didn't think I'd be drooling over such much American kit when I first started putting together my first hi-fi thirty years ago. But I love what companies like Schiit and Emotiva are doing at the moment - and all at a price point that is easily accessible. Love it!
    Rob.