+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: M.A Recordings - Group Buy

I'm James.

I'll take a punt on the Goldberg Variations too, can't have too many interpretations of that

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jazid View Post
    I'll take a punt on the Goldberg Variations too, can't have too many interpretations of that

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Cool,

Lokking at Todds email again, looks like once we get over 5kgs in weight, we can order. I think we may need a few more lol

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Cool,

Lokking at Todds email again, looks like once we get over 5kgs in weight, we can order. I think we may need a few more lol
    I'm up for some CDs too (I figured out how to get CDs rather than SACDs) but you really need vinyl for the weight. But not much vinyl that I fancy. The viola da gamba set possibly but $60 for music I mostly don't know is a bit of a punt. Need to do some exploring.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    I'm up for some CDs too (I figured out how to get CDs rather than SACDs) but you really need vinyl for the weight. But not much vinyl that I fancy. The viola da gamba set possibly but $60 for music I mostly don't know is a bit of a punt. Need to do some exploring.
    yup, it's a big gamble.

I am talking myself out of the vinyl too. I may just order the CD to see what exactly what i'd be buying.

I'm James.

How does it work Oli, does todd send whole order as 5kg or individually because if this is the case you will have to factor in sending everything by post to those who have ordered which is extra expense.?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    How does it work Oli, does todd send whole order as 5kg or individually because if this is the case you will have to factor in sending everything by post to those who have ordered which is extra expense.?
    Yup, I was hoping it would be cheaper to do that than buy individually.

Looks like that may not be the case.

Think I'll have to knock it on the head

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Yup, I was hoping it would be cheaper to do that than buy individually.

Looks like that may not be the case.

Think I'll have to knock it on the head
    Unfortunately I think it is still going to be expensive. Todd does usually travel to quite a few European shows to sell his vinyl and CDs so maybe he could let us know when he is going and send products to us from there which is a lot cheaper. He only uses top airfreight companies to ship to the UK from USA and it almost doubles the price of the merchandise!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Unfortunately I think it is still going to be expensive. Todd does usually travel to quite a few European shows to sell his vinyl and CDs so maybe he could let us know when he is going and send products to us from there which is a lot cheaper. He only uses top airfreight companies to ship to the UK from USA and it almost doubles the price of the merchandise!
    Yup, the CD is $16 and postage is $13

I am sure its worth it but damn that's pricey.

I'm Grant.

you want quality, you pay a quality price. such is the way it goes, but remember the product has a high resale value as well, so its not money down the drain
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    you want quality, you pay a quality price. such is the way it goes, but remember the product has a high resale value as well, so its not money down the drain
    Yes, that's true. Might br better buying 5 copies myself and selling them on lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast