For sale, is an immaculate Van den Hul "The Grail" - the standard psu version for 2,500£ + half the shipping cost from DENMARK to the UK. It will be cheaper for you if you arrange the courier from the UK.

A new version of the Van den Hul The Grail with wooden sides and on/off button on the front can be had for 5,800£. Internally it's the same as the one I have, and mine still looks like a new unit. It comes with 12 months' warranty. I will help you if you have a problem within the next 12 months.

The Van den Hul "The Grail", which is in very good condition, comes with the black hard case, user manual in three languages, and the (battered) outer cardboard box. If you know nothing about what it is capable of, look here:
http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/Grail.htm

Troels rates the quality of the phono stage to be equal to the onboard phono stage in the mighty EAR 912. Similar quality with a slightly sweeter (aka coloured - aka distorted - aka euphonic) midrange. Still a very transparent phono stage that measures as flat as ... the flat earth.

If you have extra kit lying about, I am looking for a very good preamp or a turntable with a more than decent arm. If it has an onboard phono stage, it must have an MC input that is something special, too. I won't mind:

- ... a (stable) Audiopax Model 5, EAR 868L, Tom Evans the Vibe, ARC REf 3, Trilogy 903 (preamp), Luxman AT-3000, Pass DCB1 buffer (silver/black), Pass XP, Salas's DCG3, Wavac ATT-s, The Horn Shoppe "The Truth", Stereo Coffee LDR (most recent board only, please), KR Audio 135 pre, NAT Plasma or ...

- ... a Kuzma Stabi S(D), Fletcher TT, a Rega P8/P10, Garrard 301 or 401, Thorens TD124, or ...

Try me, we may be able to figure your spare kit into this.

In a straight sale, you can have it for 2500£. This is what I paid for it. On top of this comes half the shipping cost from Denmark to the UK. It is much more cost effective for you to arrrange courier pick-up from my work than for me to arrange it from here. It is a matter of small country/big country.

PICTURES

Front of the Grail in action (Mind: The Trilogy 907 is not part of this sale /trade...)

Front 1

Front 2

Inside the Grail

Top plate insolation

PSU front

Backsides

User Manual

Hard case

Inside hard case