+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 261 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: !! AOS insomniacs club !!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    We’ve just discovered the farm shop in our village and I made the decision to buy our whole chickens from there for the future - they’re bred and slaughtered on the farm, so assuming I walk to there that’s zero food miles, and a factor we don’t often think about with our food consumption. Mind you, at £14 a pop, I’m surprised the little buggers didn’t get there in a chauffeured limousine!
    Nice one, mate [I'd be doing the same in your situation]- and the best thing is it will TASTE like real chicken! When you eat it, I'd be curious to know what you think of the flavour, compared to the stuff you're more used to from a supermarket

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    They have omitted cat (Felis catus). Clearly you have never tried 'kitten tikka masala'.

Incidentally, dog (Canis lupus familiaris) is supposed to taste like lamb.
    Barry

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    They have omitted cat (Felis catus). Clearly you have never tried 'kitten tikka masala'.

Incidentally, dog (Canis lupus familiaris) is supposed to taste like lamb.
    Yuck

Yuck
    So you have tried it?
    Barry

I'm sorted.

Tonight's haul from Lidls - £32 including an Islay single malt, fillet steak, two pieces of parmesan, a whole salami, deluxe sausage rolls (reduced) etc.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    So you have tried it?
    Probably, some of the dives I've eaten in.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol.... You need to learn to be passionate about the truly important things in life, such as FOOD!

Try sitting at a table with an Italian or Frenchman for five hours, where the subject rarely deviates from such.... You'd have no problem snoozing. Me? I'm in my element!

Marco.
    "L'Asda, c'est tres merde!" "Pardon? L'idl est plus merde!" Heated baguette battle ensuing. I think I'd stay awake for that. Excuse my French, I slept through those lessons too
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    When I was young you didn't get chicken often as it was expensive.
    We still ate well and grew up healthy.
    People need to think about planet,s other creatures and how we abuse them for cheap protein.
    I'd rather eat chicken occasionally and that said animal had a life first. Same goes with fish.
    Good post, mate. I completely concur, and the bit in bold is so true. It was a luxury item even when I was a kid, so was something that you really looked forward to having. Plus, in those days 'free range' was more the norm, or at least chickens were treated much better/were less mass-bred than they are now.

Oh, and remember when every town had a fishmonger, butcher and fruiterer in it. all privately owned, before supermarkets took over?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Tonight's haul from Lidls - £32 including an Islay single malt, fillet steak, two pieces of parmesan, a whole salami, deluxe sausage rolls (reduced) etc.

Nice one, Roy-boy, some good stuff there! I see you were paying attention about the 'Deluxe' thing...

Be interesting to know what you think, particularly of the sausages and steak.

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

Oh, and remember when every town had a fishmonger, butcher and fruiterer in it. all privately owned, before supermarkets took over?

Marco.
    Yes, and fortunately we still do in our village, though the fishmonger is part of the butchers.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread