+ Reply to Thread
Page 251 of 261 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 2606

Thread: !! AOS insomniacs club !!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Sorry to have woken you up. I was asleep again from 5.30-9am.

I have tried eating before going to sleep - and also drinking - water or similar not alcohol. May be coincidental, but sometimes messing around with food or drink seems to cause me to wake up with a very dry mouth, so not only have to get up to pee, but also to try to alleviate the mouth issue - probably with more liquid.

Generally I don't take any paracetamols or ibubrofen unless I have a specific pain or problem which requires those.
    dry mouth might be sugar levels. maybe as youve eaten the went to bed before its digested etc and sugar burnt off. i dont eat usually after 6pm until im up in morning. im often in bed by 8 too if im tired etc usually up fairly early tho. i get tired quickly now as everything is hard..(well nearly everything lol)
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I don't eat or drink anything after 5pm. Nor do I eat before noon, drink plenty of water and tea though. It suits me, I'm used to it.
    Good grief, I'd be spending the night gnawing on the bed post! And as for not eating before noon, I wouldn't leave the house, not even to put the bins out, without having breakfast first.

But if your routine works for you that's great, and who's to say that by doing things the way I do, I'm not unknowingly making problems for myself?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

I like to have first and second breakfast. Nothing too heavy though. Sometimes first breakfast is just a glass of milk. Full fat, not the watered down crap.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

My first breakfast (Shreddies) was 3 hours ago. Now I am playing Melody Gardot at low volume, and I can hardly hear her above my belly rumbling. So time for breakfast no. 2, which will be toast.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Martin.

A bit of chocolate before bed can help with sleep. Obviously don't scoff the whole bar. Well, at least try not to.

Needs to be chocolate that has some cocoa content so not British chocolate.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    My first breakfast (Shreddies) was 3 hours ago. Now I am playing Melody Gardot at low volume, and I can hardly hear her above my belly rumbling. So time for breakfast no. 2, which will be toast.
    Not had breakfast yet - just a cup of tea.

Mmm - what shall I have? Often it's Malt Wheaties (LIDL or Aldi version) and one cheap Weetabix look alike found in Tesco for under £1. Plus coffee.
    Dave

I'm Dave.

Has anyone else noticed problems with posting here (anywhere on AoS) lately? Seems to take a long while to get uploaded, then sometimes end up with duplicate posts - I see there's another duplicate up thread.
    Dave

I'm Grant.

ys there has been a few. i enabled enhanced interface in general settings and it seems to have stopped double posts
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Has anyone else noticed problems with posting here (anywhere on AoS) lately? Seems to take a long while to get uploaded, then sometimes end up with duplicate posts - I see there's another duplicate up thread.
    I didn't like to say anything, thought it might be a stutter...

Yes, I've noticed since yesterday what you describe, thought it was just my laptop getting knackered.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I like to have first and second breakfast. Nothing too heavy though. Sometimes first breakfast is just a glass of milk. Full fat, not the watered down crap.
    Do you have hairy feet? - sound like you might have some Hobbit in your blood.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread