+ Reply to Thread
Page 254 of 261 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 2606

Thread: !! AOS insomniacs club !!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    What did you get?

My bladder wakes me up after about six hours. Can usually go back to sleep though, whether I actually get up and go for a slash or not. Opted not to get up for it his morning. When I did get up it was like that 'evacuation' scene from 'Austin Powers', I must have been pissing for two minutes straight.

Was up at 0700 this morning although alarm is not set at weekends, that's what time it is set to go off in the week. My brain is trained I suppose.

Seemed to all change once I got into my forties. Before that, waking up at midday on a weekend was not unusual and it was never earlier than 0930. I can't remember how long it has been since I woke up that late now.
    As for it changing when you hit your 40s, just wait till you get to my age. Almost seems pointless going to bed.

Best one was "Naked Gun 2 1/2" I think it was called. Dreben gave a speech then went to the bog without turning off his mike. That went on for a couple of minutes And that's what I'm like if I leave it too long.

Oh, I got Paranoid - Black Sabbath, "The Way We Walk" - Genesis, "Night at the Opera" - Queen and "Bette Noir" Bryan Ferry. Nothing really worthy of note, apart from the Black Sabbath, which is really decent SQ too, given its age. All for 3 quid.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Dave.

Had to get out of bed early - and seem to have an allergy problem again - eye's are itching and nose is running slightly. So I'm waiting for the antihistamines to kick in before going back to bed.
    Dave

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Had to get out of bed early - and seem to have an allergy problem again - eye's are itching and nose is running slightly. So I'm waiting for the antihistamines to kick in before going back to bed.
    I have also been snuffling and sneezing a lot recently, probably hayfever, I find allergy remedies work well enough and don't make me drowsy. Mind you, I recall the onset of Omicron being similar!

Don't forget to book your Flu jab soon if you need one.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Thanks for the reminder Geoff. Also need to find out about the second Covid booster.
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Oh - re. the hayfever, I might have mentioned elsewhere that my partner seems to be suffering badly from it at the moment. Antihistmatines just make her feel drowsy, and Optrex eye drops initially appeared ineffectual. But with repeated use the eye drops are having a beneficial effect. She now takes them before going to bed and wakes up clear-eyed, and that is with the bedroom windows open because of the heat.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Oh - re. the hayfever, I might have mentioned elsewhere that my partner seems to be suffering badly from it at the moment. Antihistmatines just make her feel drowsy, and Optrex eye drops initially appeared ineffectual. But with repeated use the eye drops are having a beneficial effect. She now takes them before going to bed and wakes up clear-eyed, and that is with the bedroom windows open because of the heat.
    Might be that your partner has just got better at applying the eye drops. Letting something drip onto your eyeball isn't really something that comes naturally. Good that it's now working for her anyway.

I've been fortunate in never having suffered from hay fever, but there might still be time - someone told me it can start later in life.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Martin.

Those Optrex drops are good stuff.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Been in so much bloody pain I can't sleep lol.
    First time for a while I've been in here
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Been in so much bloody pain I can't sleep lol.
    First time for a while I've been in here
    You have my sympathy Grant, a restful night is a wonderful thing, I'm told. I'm not so bad, just low level aches and pains which wake me when I turn over. Can be helped for a while with just a couple of paracetamol and ibuprofen. If your pain is keeping you from sleeping it must be pretty bad.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    You have my sympathy Grant, a restful night is a wonderful thing, I'm told. I'm not so bad, just low level aches and pains which wake me when I turn over. Can be helped for a while with just a couple of paracetamol and ibuprofen. If your pain is keeping you from sleeping it must be pretty bad.
    hurt my hips. the colder air at night was worsening it even with lots of heavy painkillers, turned heating up which helped a little. got to sleep at 7 am for an hr
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread