+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 261 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: !! AOS insomniacs club !!

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Commie Corbyn rubber stamps his unelectable status and Bullshit Boris carries on unhindered. Watch him quietly sweep all the pre-election promises quietly under the carpet.
    Ah but he promised nothing really other than "Get Braxit Done and move on" so the move on was effectively a blank cheque
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yeah, I know, wankers... Knew it would happen, though

But yes, SNP have done very well, which I guess is something to cheer about! Takes your independence a step closer to the inevitable reality...

Marco.
    A couple of quick questions, which no doubt will show my ignorance on the subject, but would "Scexit" (see what I did there), definitely be a good thing? How will trade with Europe work out then? Hopefully the Scottish people won't be subjected to all the "we'll be so much better off independent" bollox that Boris spouted.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    A couple of quick questions, which no doubt will show my ignorance on the subject, but would "Scexit" (see what I did there), definitely be a good thing? How will trade with Europe work out then? Hopefully the Scottish people won't be subjected to all the "we'll be so much better off independent" bollox that Boris spouted.
    Time to rebuild Hadrian’s wall and throw the key away, sorry Grant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Time to rebuild Hadrian’s wall and throw the key away, sorry Grant

Charming.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    Now... this isn’t really gonna happen.
    But I can dream.
    Scotland goes independent and I can persuade Fiona to move several hundred miles from her kids.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-64711617.html

Ohh.. and I have to raid my pension fund.

Pay slightly more and you can get a detached house, though that period villa does look quite nice. It can be rather cold though - sufficient to put a downer on the enterprise, unless one hopes for global warming.
    Dave

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Pay slightly more and you can get a detached house, though that period villa does look quite nice. It can be rather cold though - sufficient to put a downer on the enterprise, unless one hopes for global warming.
    Well.. the idea revolves around getting mortgage free really, so might as well stay put.
    However here’s another pie in the sky idea

https://www.greekscape.com/long-term-rentals/510-2/

I'm Adrian.

Default !! AOS insomniacs club !!

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Charming.
    Sorry Grant and to others North of the Border, but it is for some of us becoming rather painful. The Union has been in existence for several hundred years now and I would say most have benefited from it in some way or other, on both sides of the border (which does not really exist). I just do not understand what or how devolution from the Union will benefit Scotland. Also from my understanding the SNP as part of separation wants the remainder of the UK to give a substantial amount of money to Scotland, for what reason? Maybe I do not understand all the issues but are we really going back hundreds of years in time and what for?

Anyway that is all I am going to say on the subject, and hopefully have not upset too many of you.

I'm Steve.

The expression ‘better together’ seems to be receding in importance.
    Not to mention how quickly we forget the lessons learnt from conflicts in the not so distant past.
    It’ll all come round to bite us on the bum one day.
    I have a cunning plan.
    Scotland stays in the EU and England,Wales and NI become part of Scotland run from Edinburgh

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    I have a cunning plan.
    Scotland stays in the EU and England,Wales and NI become part of Scotland run from Edinburgh
    Excellent plan !!
    Means we get Empress Nicola instead of Head Oaf Bojo

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    Excellent plan !!
    Means we get Empress Nicola instead of Head Oaf Bojo
    I have another plan. The SNP starts putting up candidates in English elections from now on, subject to resources. Probably target seats where the Cons have limited strength. Otherwise dictator Boris and any who follow him can just keep saying nyet to any proposals about Scotland, even if the whole of Scotland turns yellow.

Re becoming mortgage free and living in Kirkcaldy, I’ve a friend who lives there - says it’s OK - but he’s retired and doesn’t have to work. Mortgage free is a good idea, but not everyone can do that. Overpay the mortgage as much as you can, and sink any windfall sums of money into it, and you might get there. Not everyone is fortunate enough to do this, though. The strategy I mentioned re over payments will help in any case, providing living doesn’t become too grim. The strategy you’re thinking of - moving to an area with lower property values can work, provided you can survive - for example keep a job, or other circumstances are OK. Moving to an area with lower property values will probably only work for you if you’d actually like living in the new area. Moving back to the original area, if you ever thought about that, could be hard or impossible. I know of people who moved to a new area, didn’t like it, and then moved back - an expensive procedure.
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread