+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we want to expand the forum?

I'm Lawrence.

Default Do we want to expand the forum?

Not sure where to put this but I thought I'd put it here.

The Linn forum is looking for a new home as a result of the demise of the Wam.

Thread 'No Linn Owners Forum on new Maverick Hi-Fi Forum'
    https://www.hifiwigwam.com/threads/n...-forum.125213/

I think all they really want is the ability to post new threads under a Linn sub forum heading. The new Maverick forum will only let them have one thread so they can't create new thread titles just add posts to the Linn Owners' Thread.

We've always been a welcoming forum so I think they'd fit in well here. I know the forum has been slower since Marco got unwell and this could be a chance to increase traffic again.

Some of them seem happy to donate towards costs (like we did a while ago), they just don't know how to start a new forum of their own.

I imagine Marco would want to approve and I think there is contact?

Maybe I should have titled this, do we want to stop the decline in the forum...

I'm Lawrence.

Basically all I think it needs is a heading under Hifi Studio and Trade and a sticky announcement, and they should be able to look after themselves with a minimum of moderation. I could then point them over here and see what happens. I'm happy to do all the promotion if one of the mods/admins is able to add a sub forum title.

It will help membership and footfall which we really need right now.

I'm Grant.

it would both need marco's approval and an admin to do the stub area[which would be inside another section i think]. not got any contact at moment alas with either
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    it would both need marco's approval and an admin to do the stub area[which would be inside another section i think]. not got any contact at moment alas with either
    That is correct at the moment.

There's nothing to stop Linn fans starting a free forum of their own. If it's of interest, ProBoards amongst others offer that: https://www.proboards.com/create-free-forum

They host Audio Addicts.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

If they don't want to run their own, which I'm told at the basic level to start isn't that tough, then just have to run it all under a single thread somewhere for now.
    I always hope we get Marco back but there appears to be no immediate hopes of that sadly.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

ProBoards is easy enough to set up. I run a forum on there.
    If they really want a new home, then they can get it sorted.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Dave.

Do we need a single manufacturer forum on AOS ?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Do we need a single manufacturer forum on AOS ?
    thats why it isnt happening until marco says it is...or isnt. its his forum so its being run his way as much as we can.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

Thanks for considering the idea anyway, sounds like it can't happen any time soon.

They've already been told they can have a thread to post on at the Maverick forum but a few of them aren't happy with the idea. It's also been suggested they could set up their own forum as they want but again that doesn't seem to be something they want to do.

Never mind it's up to them at the end of the day I was just trying to be helpful.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Thanks for considering the idea anyway, sounds like it can't happen any time soon.

They've already been told they can have a thread to post on at the Maverick forum but a few of them aren't happy with the idea. It's also been suggested they could set up their own forum as they want but again that doesn't seem to be something they want to do.

Never mind it's up to them at the end of the day I was just trying to be helpful.
    no bother lawrence; its on the back burner for now. we will await contact from our lord and master
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast