+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Why you, your children & your grand-children can't put down a phone or Computer game

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    We're academics and we're rational, and we really believe Congress or someone should investigate this," says David Gabbard, an East Carolina education professor and 9/11 scholar. "But there are a lot of crazies out there who purport that UFOs were involved. We don't want to be lumped in with those folks

Too late!
    Indeed! I’m surprised they haven’t suggested that Shergar was involved...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Thumbs up The dangers of 'black and white' thinking, and missing those shades of grey...

Come on, you can do better than that! Would you consider yourself, Adam, as a rather binary thinker? It seems to be a common trait among engineers and those who claim to be scientifically minded

See here: http://www.keypersonofinfluence.com/...onal-thinking/

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Gary.

A slightly worrying aspect of not believing what we're told is juries in crown court

I worked in a crown court for several years and sat through many criminal trials from fraud to murder, and I have to say that, even taking police and expert witness evidence as true and factual, I could not have convicted a single person had I been on the jury.
    Jurors are directed to only find the defendant guilty if they are sure, beyond all reasonable doubt that the prosecution evidence proves the case, the defence has to prove nothing. Now any half decent barrister can plant reasonable doubt in the jurors' minds easily.
    So if we then start to question expert testimony and police integrity we could potentially end up with literally thousands of often dangerous criminals getting away with horrific crimes because juries can't find them guilty
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Same here. And that's exactly what I did, at some length over a considerable period of time, but have come up with a different and equally valid view from yours.

What also needs to be remembered is that it's always easier finding evidence supporting the "official version" of events than the opposite, for various obvious reasons, one of which is that our 'controlling powers' will always ensure that their dirty tracks are covered up as best as possible - and they have the wherewithal, both in terms of manpower and finances, to ensure that that is the case.

However, that doesn't automatically mean that any claimed conspiracy is untrue, despite a seeming lack of evidence, because it could simply just have been very well covered up!

I'm afraid that when it comes to unadulterated inhuman greed, ego or image, and seeking ultimate wealth and power, at the expense of anyone who gets in their way, and protecting their own vile (and corrupt) best interests in the process, I wouldn't put ANYTHING past the elite [especially those within the Royal family, think what happened to Princess Diana], or those whose strings they're pulling - and that includes governments!

Perhaps more likely than you think, or indeed might want to believe

Marco.
    As regards the competence of governments and big organisations I don't require a leap of faith to know that it is true that they are generally completely useless. It isn't a question of belief or faith.

And the US government is even more useless than ours.

I don't live my life believing that reality is what I want to be true rather than what is actually true. I have a friend who lives that way and his life is a disaster as a consequence. Interestingly, he would be with you all the way on the 9/11 and Princess Di ----.

Frankly I couldn't care less if 9/11 was a conspiracy or if Di was assassinated. In fact it would be quite a lot more interesting to me if it was true. But it just isn't.
    Last edited by Marco; 25-09-2019 at 15:57. Reason: Unnecessary and disallowed dismissive language removed
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Frankly I couldn't care less if 9/11 was a conspiracy or if Di was assassinated. In fact it would be quite a lot more interesting to me if it was true. But it just isn't.
    In your humble opinion.

Frankly, I couldn't care less what commonly accepted wisdom dictates on the matters being discussed, or what the 'facts' apparently prove. I'll make up my OWN mind - and always will.

I don't live my life believing that reality is what I want to be true, rather than what is actually true either, but I shall continue to challenge lies, cover-ups and corruption, whenever I consider it's necessary, and consequently my life is far from being a disaster

Free-thinking is healthy

Please don't describe perfectly valid views, contrary to yours, as "shit".

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678