+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Why you, your children & your grand-children can't put down a phone or Computer game

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Since you're selectively quoting from the article, to suit your POV, allow me to reciprocate:

Quote Originally Posted by The Guardian
    Barrett says the experts have been fooled by an "act of psychological conversion" not unlike the tactics CIA interrogators use on their victims. "People will disregard evidence if it causes their faith to be shattered," he says. "I think we were all shocked. And then, when the voice of authority told us what happened, we just believed it."
    The first highlighted part is particularly apt, and exactly what I've been saying for years about ingrained belief systems and comfort zones, sticking your fingers in your ears and going 'la la la, make the bad man go away', and subsequently burying your head in the sand... The faith mentioned cuts both ways, and so it affects the beliefs of both YOU and I!

No-one is immune from the effects of cognitive dissonance - not even scientists or rational academics

And the second describes how the majority of the general public will most often behave in these situations, although not necessarily those who are 'sensible'...

Marco.

I'm Martin.

I've no problem with being skeptical about anyone's claims. It's my default position.

But as far as 9/11 is concerned there is way too much evidence to show that it happened exactly as claimed and none whatsoever to demonstrate otherwise. A false flag op of that magnitude simply isn't viable.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Well, as before, we'll simply have to agree to disagree - and I have good cause to do so

You could still be a victim, as highlighted, of disregarding what doesn't suit your belief system or faith, without realising it.... And only seeing what you WANT to see!

None of that, however, detracts from the validity of what I wrote in post 60. It's not about *wanting* to believe in conspiracy theories, but rather testing the robustness of the supposed 'facts' you're being fed by the media, and how well they stand up to scrutiny. There are *always* two sides to every story. I never just automatically believe one side, without considering the other, no matter how apparently 'ludicrous' or uncomfortable to entertain.

Therefore, CHALLENGING the accepted norm/currently accepted wisdom, or the majority (popular) view, as others and I frequently do, is a sign of an enquiring/inquisitive mind, and the desire to discover the REAL truth, not stupidity or gullibility. So in answer to Joe, *that* is what's called being a free-thinker!

Heretics have always been vilified and considered as dangerous

However, if I'm presented with sufficient evidence, which satisfies me that I'm wrong, I'm openminded enough to change my views on 9/11 (and other thorny subjects, such as the assassination of Jill Dando, in relation to her intended exposure of paedophile rings, existing in rather high places, which I believe is the truth, not what the supposed 'facts' suggest), but so far I've seen none.

Marco.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I've no problem with being skeptical about anyone's claims.
    Including your own?

Marco.

I'm Martin.

I'm not making any claims.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

The better side of humanity.
    This is one example of why i still believe that the majority of people are good at heart, perhaps misguided, and guilty of the pack mentality at times, but potentialy good!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QntBkDFkiuY
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm not making any claims.
    Yes you are. You're claiming that the stated 'conspiracy theories' are wrong, so if given sufficient evidence refuting that, would you also be skeptical about thinking you were right?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yes you are. You're claiming that the stated 'conspiracy theories' are wrong, so if given sufficient evidence refuting that, would you also be skeptical about thinking you were right?

Marco.
    In the case of 9/11 I'm not contesting the official version of events. That's not the same as making a claim.

Conspiracies do happen so I'm happy to entertain the idea of a conspiracy about pretty much anything. Moon Landings, Princess Diana, 9/11 and so on. I'll look at the evidence presented by those claiming conspiracy and weigh it up.

I won't dismiss it out of hand just because it goes against the official version or just because it requires a conspiracy to be true.

But as far as those three go the evidence for conspiracy is badly wanting. I could perhaps go for the idea that they knew 9/11 attack was going to happen but did nothing to stop it, so they could exploit the aftermath. I wouldn't put that past them. But I've seen no credible evidence presented to back that up.

Like Joe said big organizations like governments tend to be incompetent, slow and ineffectual at everything they do. There's a massive weight of evidence plus my own personal experience to back that up.

For these conspiracies to be true that would have to be a complete and deliberate illusion and governments would in fact need to be amazingly well-organized and competent in order to manufacture these events. How likely is that? I'd say there is zero chance.
    Current Lash Up:

Conspiracies do happen so I'm happy to entertain the idea of a conspiracy about pretty much anything. Moon Landings, Princess Diana, 9/11 and so on. I'll look at the evidence presented by those claiming conspiracy and weigh it up. I won't dismiss it out of hand just because it goes against the official version or just because it requires a conspiracy to be true.
    Same here. And that's exactly what I did, at some length over a considerable period of time, but have come up with a different and equally valid view from yours.

What also needs to be remembered is that it's always easier finding evidence supporting the "official version" of events than the opposite, for various obvious reasons, one of which is that our 'controlling powers' will always ensure that their dirty tracks are covered up as best as possible - and they have the wherewithal, both in terms of manpower and finances, to ensure that that is the case.

However, that doesn't automatically mean that any claimed conspiracy is untrue, despite a seeming lack of evidence, because it could simply just have been very well covered up!

I'm afraid that when it comes to unadulterated inhuman greed, ego or image, and seeking ultimate wealth and power, at the expense of anyone who gets in their way, and protecting their own vile (and corrupt) best interests in the process, I wouldn't put ANYTHING past the elite [especially those within the Royal family, think what happened to Princess Diana], or those whose strings they're pulling - and that includes governments!

Quote Originally Posted by Macca
    For these conspiracies to be true that would have to be a complete and deliberate illusion and governments would in fact need to be amazingly well-organized and competent in order to manufacture these events. How likely is that?
    Perhaps more likely than you think, or indeed might want to believe

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Adrian.

Some interesting words I came across today that were written some years ago.

"Man is a danger.
    Though essentially nothing more than sentient clay, he takes your breath away. He is a prodigy - a miracle.
    Unique imagination generates unique ambition. Skill and knowledge, developing in tandem, provide the tools to realise ambition.
    In absolute terms his deeds are neither good nor bad - simply good or bad for him, be it directly or indirectly. The only real sin is bad husbandry.
    The world shall surely live on - long after he is gone - and the only useful advice to him would be caution.

Man is a danger - though less of a danger to the universe than to man himself.
    Man is a danger.
    As the angel - in Hadyn's oratorio 'The Creation" - warned Adam and Eve when they were given the custody of the garden:
    O happy pair, and happy evermore
    Provided folly lead you not astray
    To wish for more than what you have
    Or more to know for your good."

words by Patrick Woodroffe (27 October 1940 – 10 May 2014)
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast