+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Why you, your children & your grand-children can't put down a phone or Computer game

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    The likes of brainwashing that Marco alludes to has indeed been around for years but it relies on one simple thing – weak-minded individuals to be susceptible to it. When was the last time you went out and bought something based on an advertisement? I don’t think I ever have. In fact, my father would generally avoid anything that was advertised, reasoning that if they had to advertise to sell it, it probably wasn’t very good! I have long felt that there are individuals and small groups of people in society who are kind, thoughtful, intelligent, strong minded and empathetic, but the vast majority are thick, easily-led, gullible and completely self-centred.
    Exactly!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    You haven't surprised me by making that comment. What I wrote in that respect was simply a statement of fact.
    What you wrote was a combination of fact (many wealthy bankers are Jewish), simple nonsense (eg that the Royal Family are part of a 'ruling elite' - as the recent Supreme Court judgement revealed, the Queen just does what she's told, and her actions can be over-ruled by the courts) and Icke-type speculation (the twin towers weren't brought down by airliners crashing into them).

It's comforting, in a way, to believe that human history is being manipulated by a group with some sort of masterplan, and a known aim. It's a boost to the ego to believe that you have some sort of insight into their machinations because you are a 'free thinker'. The somewhat scarier reality is that human history is a mixture of plans that go awry, coincidences, and unforeseen consequences. Brexit is the perfect example of this. The plan was for Remain to win the referendum, thus disarming Farage and the ERG. (Macca actually predicted that the vote would be rigged to ensure Remain won). The reality is a horrible mess, which does nobody any good at all; which places the Judiciary at odds with the Government; which drags the Queen into the controversy; which risks breaking up the United Kingdom and reigniting the Troubles in Northern Ireland. It's difficult to see how this benefits anyone.

Of course, the smart people will have their bases covered, so that any outcome isn't a disaster for them. George Soros, a favourite demon figure for both the far-right and the far-left, made a lot of money because he could see the 2008 financial crash coming and moved his wealth around accordingly. He is opposed to Brexit, but no doubt he will have made contingency plans in case it happens. Is he a Good Guy or a Bad Guy?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    What you wrote was a combination of fact (many wealthy bankers are Jewish), simple nonsense (eg that the Royal Family are part of a 'ruling elite' - as the recent Supreme Court judgement revealed, the Queen just does what she's told, and her actions can be over-ruled by the courts) and Icke-type speculation (the twin towers weren't brought down by airliners crashing into them).
    By all means disagree with me, but don't *ever* rudely dismiss my valid opinion as "nonsense"!

That's my educated, carefully researched opinion over many years, which I'm entitled to express without derision. Therefore, learn to respect that, even if you disagree with me, or you'll no longer be here. On AoS, that's a strict and fundamental rule of behaviour, and it applies as much to these discussions, as it does to ones involving hi-fi.

I'll address the rest of your post later.

Marco.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    . The somewhat scarier reality is that human history is a mixture of plans that go awry, coincidences, and unforeseen consequences. Brexit is the perfect example of this. The plan was for Remain to win the referendum, thus disarming Farage and the ERG. (Macca actually predicted that the vote would be rigged to ensure Remain won)
    I did nothing of the sort. I predicted that even if Leave won we still wouldn't leave. Looks like I was right about that too.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Adam.

Think 9/11, unless you're daft enough to believe it was hijacked airplanes that brought down the twin towers....
    I missed this, Marco. Please educate me further. When I watched the whole thing unfold live in the listening room at Goodmans, it certainly looked like two aeroplanes that brought down the twin towers.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

With respect, Adam, I'm unwilling to discuss that subject in detail here, so I'll say one last thing and leave it at that.

What you saw was what looked like what you've just described, as portrayed on the news. Did you *actually see* it happening? There is no irrefutable, conclusive evidence I've seen which proves it was hijacked passenger planes that brought down the twin towers.

I shall say no more on the matter, nor will I respond to any further questions about it. If you want to discuss the subject in more detail, we'll do it over a few beers at the next hi-fi show!

Marco.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

You have to wonder whether we are given technology to help us, or to hinder us, for me, much of what i see and hear these days leads me to believe its the latter!
    There have been some exceptional leaps in technology over the time i have been on this earth, however; how much of it has led to making our lives better, will depend greatly on the type of person you are, and the kind of lifestyle you live, and therefore expect.
    I have deliberately stayed well away from social media since its infancy for a few reason, the main being, time, we only have a finite amount of time, and at the moment, time is amongst the few realities that one cannot buy, no matter how much wealth or power you have, but from what i see every day the amount of folk that willingly give their most valued asset away to this bollox is beyond me, AGAIN; you have to wonder whether certain technolgies are designed specificaly to waste as much of our time as posible
    Another reason being; i believe in everyone being responsible for their own actions, Social media has up to date allowed the low lifes in life to bully, antagonise, and willfully cause deep distress and upset, to the point that it has led to many people becoming seriously ill, or worse to taking their own lives, this has been posible due to the ones that cause the most disturbing distress to others being allowed to do it anonymously, and therefore with little to no fear of any reprimand, or repocusions, go back 20 years, stand in a pub infront of a woman and say; your the ugliest thing i have ever seen, you dont deserve to live, you should go and kill yourself, and see what happens, this is just one tiny example that is factual, but i hope by now you get where i am coming from.
    Social media IMHO is a poison, the ONLY antidote is; get a real life!
    a...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

In the meantime, Adam, you may find this article of some interest: https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...ighereducation

It discusses some of the points I've raised here, with regard to the elite, and analyses the subject of 9/11 from both a "conspiracy theorist's" POV, and otherwise.

Marco.

I'm Martin.

In the meantime, Adam, you may find this article of some interest: https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...ighereducation

It discusses many of the points I've been making here.

Marco.
    We're academics and we're rational, and we really believe Congress or someone should investigate this," says David Gabbard, an East Carolina education professor and 9/11 scholar. "But there are a lot of crazies out there who purport that UFOs were involved. We don't want to be lumped in with those folks

Too late!
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Well, the only folks doing that are those too stubbornly entrenched in their own contrary views, and who refuse to see things any other way.

The point is, it's as stupid or irrational to simply swallow what you've been told or shown in the news, which of course is entirely free from corruption, without challenging it whatsoever, as it is being too susceptible to believing in conspiracy theories.

Marco.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast